Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
ovithucu
My Device: Z10 STL-100-2
Accepted Solution

Contacts from email account, LinkedIn and Facebook not listed in the Contacts application

Dear users, dear experts,

I am struggling to list my contacts in the Contacts application for all my accounts. I am new to the BB OS10 terminology, so please be patient with me -- I am trying my best to explain my issue in details.

* contacts not showing up for the email account on gmail/Google:

First time I set it up, it read the contacts seamlessly (I know, BB got the contacts from Google, because this is the only way they could be received). The contacts were/are listed under "All" entry (the contacts with photos display a black square, other non-photo contacts display an empty placeholder for a photo). But the contacts do not show up under "email contacts <username>@gmail.com" entry.

Then I deleted the email account. The contacts still showed up under "All". I located the "Purge/delete local contacts" command -- that did not do anything apparent -- the contacts were still listed under "All" entry, only. I set up the gmail account again, but the result/listing did not change: the "email@gmail" entry were still empty ("No contact" shown).

* contacts not showing up for the LinkedIn and Facebook account:

I own a free LinkedIn account and Facebook accounts. No contact is listed for these entries in the Contact application. But there are invitations and communication listed in the Hub from both accounts, i.e. The connection is set up properly, IMO.

I am stuck. I cannot see any contact under "email", LinkedIn and Facebook in the Contacts application. The only possible solution I see now, is resetting my BB and starting over with the set-up. Which is not much, but I'd like to save myself a trouble, if there were any easier solution to it.

BB OS 10.2.1

Applications updated via BB World

I am looking forward to hear any advice.

Cheers,

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts from email account, LinkedIn and Facebook not listed in the Contacts application

ovithucu, in your contacts app, swipe down from the top bezel to Settings.

In the list of "Show Account in Contacts List", turn OFF each account shown, leaving none ON.

Tap the lower left BACK button.

Now, back in the main Contacts view, drag down on the screen to see the total number of contacts, what number is there?

Those are you "Local" contacts, stored locally in the device memory. Those can be cleared if you want, and start all over again.

Also, check your gmail account on a PC, login and see how many contacts you have in gmail which should be sycning to the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
ovithucu

Re: Contacts from email account, LinkedIn and Facebook not listed in the Contacts application

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

Now, back in the main Contacts view, drag down on the screen to see the total number of contacts, what number is there?

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

682, also the same number is displayed when all the accounts are turned ON

JSanders wrote: 

Those are you "Local" contacts, stored locally in the device memory. Those can be cleared if you want, and start all over again.

I went to Accounts > More > Clear Local Contacts > Clear, but the number of contacts remained the same (682). I confirm that in the left-side menu only "All", "Favourites" and "Groups" are the only visible entries.

JSanders wrote: 

Also, check your gmail account on a PC, login and see how many contacts you have in gmail which should be sycning to the device.

number of contacts: 685, today. But I composed emails to some new email addresses, or added some new contacts in the last two days. In a big picture, this numer is/was equal to the number of my contacts synced two days ago, when a succesfull sync happened.

Cheers,

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It seems to me something is not connected, like your Gmail account is not configured to sync contacts.

Like maybe they did one time, but no longer.

I'd suggest that you go to Settings > Accounts and delete your gmail account, reboot the device and re-add that account again. You should see (and this varies with different variations of Gmail accounts) the option to sync contacts (and calendar).

But do alleviate your local contacts from duplicating the gmail contacts, you're also going to need to clear all those local contacts again, hopefully it will work this time. Settings > Accounts > tap the three dots more icon > Clear Local Contacts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
ovithucu

I started with restarting my phone and things turned much better. All the accounts showed the belonging content / contacts after some while. Thank you!

Of course, deleting the local contacts worked, too.
P.s. Day by day I love my BlackBerry more and more...
Contributor
maxcommejesus
My Device: Curve 8520

Contacts from LinkedIn and Facebook
God bless us every day.