Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Digicel

Contacts on Blackberry 10

I recently upgraded to the z10, and transferred my contacts from my Torch 9860 using Blackberry Link. I also had had my contacts synced with my email, which I also linked to the new phone. As a result, most of my contacts have been transferred to my new phone. A few seem to be missing, but I blame that on them possibly not being synched with my email.

My issue is this: When I open the Phone app to make a call, I will select the contacts tab, to locate the contact I want to call. For some reason, I am not able to find all of my contacts there. I can't tell if this is an issue with a specific contact list (i.e. from one email address), but I can find the same contact when I open the Contacts app.

Is anyone else having this issue? And is there anything I can do to fix it?

Every now and then, my Whatsapp favourites will show contacts with no names, as if it hasn't fully linked to my phone book. A quick refresh of favourites usually fixes that, so that's a minor bug.

Also, when I was setting up the phone, it automatically downloaded and installed the newest version of the OS (10.1). However when I connected the phone to my PC, and was using Blackberry Link, it kept telling me that I needed to install the new OS. On the phone itself, every now and then I get a notification about installing the new OS. Any suggestions on why that would be? That in and of itself is also a minor issue, I am much more concerned about the issue with my contacts...