If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Sierra_69
My Device: Curve 8310 & Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Contacts sync with Exchange

I seem to have an issue with my contacts on my phone syncing with My Outlook (Exchange) contacts.
If I create a contact in Outlook, it sysncs with my Z10 O.K.  If I create a contact on my Z10, it doesn't ever seem to get synced with my Outlook contacts.

Is this by design, or can I correct this in the settings on the phone?

Does anyone have experience with this?...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Contacts sync with Exchange

Sierra_69 wrote:

I seem to have an issue with my contacts on my phone syncing with My Outlook (Exchange) contacts.
If I create a contact in Outlook, it sysncs with my Z10 O.K.  If I create a contact on my Z10, it doesn't ever seem to get synced with my Outlook contacts.

The sync between Outlook and phone does not work properly because the program that is suppose to do the sync was never working to begin with and that program is Link, a monkey would have made a better program than this one.

So the best way to transfer any contact between the phone and Outlook is to export the contact(s) from either the phone or Outlook into a .vcf and open it in the device that you want to sync it into

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Contacts sync with Exchange

Sierra_69 wrote:

hello,

what you are describing means that your BlackBerry Link and your Z10 currently communicate from Outlook to BlackBerry, in other words one-way sync.

two-way sync is available (despite rat-7's message), and the  requirements include using Blackberry Link 1.1, and on the Z10 using a 10.1.x.x OS (won't work with 10.0.x.x).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.