Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Contacts

I had a phonebook which was my "contacts".  Then moved to z10 & I see that now, my "Contacts" draw in ever person I have on twiiter, FB & I don't know where else. 

OMG There are too many to go through this list individually.

Why on earth would it add all of those people to my personal Contact phonebook?

How would I make this display only my original phone book?  This is craziness how it is right now.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Contacts

Go into the settings in your contacts (swipe down from the top and select settings) and turn off any accounts you don't want to see.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Thank you! I kiss the ground you walk on
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthurmarkwillis
My Carrier: o2

Re: Creating a Group for Multiple Texting

I run a football team and used to communicate with my players by text message having created a group on my previous Blackberry Bold.

Is it not possible to create a group on the Z10 so that I can send a mass text message to multiple recipients?

AMW
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

If you go to bbm via the app (as opposed to the hub) you can click Groups at the bottom, & "Create New Group" comes up.

You can also click the 3 dots at the bottom right & choose Start Multiperson chat

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthurmarkwillis
My Carrier: o2

Hi, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, not all my team have Blackberrys and so i need to be able to create a group in my contact list who i can then sms.

AMW
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandrosem
My Carrier: O2

Hello,

I had the same problem whereas under my contact lists I had many not only phone contacts but also all contacs of my msn messenger account. TO get rid of them I went under System settings - Accounts - then select the account (in my case hotmail) and then under sync contacts select off. That should work,

sandro

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

You can also "Link" those facebook/BBM/twitter/LinkedIN accounts to the contact account - this makes all of that info display under the main contact which is a great way to use all of the features that the contact app offers.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

currently on the Z10, it is not possible to create a contacts group to send an SMS to a list of people and keep that list.

Maybe you can find an app that can handle that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
bernysa
My Device: z10
My Carrier: z10

I am trapped when use z10. There too many weakness in this device. Can not make a group contact, group email, can not use/download a social network such a "Line", can not make an icon showed on a home screen (limited icon), and many others.

I am curious why z10 released but with specs lower than previous series such a dakota, while the advantages specifications blow up as a better smartphone. What a terrible problem now i have.
Please use plain text.