Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
hantouli
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Zain Jordan

Contacts

So how do you transfer contacts OUT of your Blackberry Z10 to another device?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Contacts

There are couple of ways.

1. go into my contacts, settings, scroll down and copy your contacts to your sim card.

2. From your contacts, select the ones you want to transfer, you can send it via email. bbm, bluetooth , etc.

Please use plain text.
met
New Contributor
met
My Carrier: STC

hello hantouli:

actually i do transfer my contacts using gmail contacts sync or even hotmail service, its a very powerfull contacts transfer option it even sync new or deleted contacts

Best Regards
M.E.T
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Contacts- Nihtmare

hi, how did you do that? I have a nightmare situation, I bought another z10, my first one was great,  I had issues but I have solved them all. Today I got my new Z10 in white, I did a NEW DEVICE transfer through the link, evrything went well to my surprise. SO I THOUGHT. Now I receive SMS from lets say my wife, but they show up as I have sent them to a completely different contact. This is so weird. And now I need to copy my contacts back somewhere, so I can do a wipe and start again. What I nightmare . Has anyone had this problem with the bb link  ?

I would like to sync my contacts with my gmail, but it doesn't sync them from the phone to gmail, only the other way around, neither does the outlook.com 

Cheers 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hantouli

Unfortunately with Blackberry 10 you cannot sync with gmail or hotmail!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I have fixed it. I just wiped everything and then restored a backup file. Not the file which is called device swap. That one is corrupt.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hantouli

So how do you select all contacts in one go? I have over 1500 contacts, I cannot select them one by one!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

The question was how do I Transfer your contacts from your z10 to another phone. The easiest way is to copy to your sim card and put the sim card in your new device. In the contacts menue , it copies all of your contacts to your sim card at once. I also have about 1200 contacts. 

hantouli wrote:

So how do you select all contacts in one go? I have over 1500 contacts, I cannot select them one by one!!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

You can't, they wont fit on a sim card, and the sim card only takes names and numbers, it d/oesn't take email addresses nor does it save profile pictures and so on. Do you have your contacts in outlook ?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

My 1200 contacts fit on my sim card. It does show the picture when I go into manage my sim card. My old phone sim card is a diffrent size to verify that all the data is there, but next time I do a system restore, I will see what was actually copied on the sim card.  I do use outlook to manage my contacts, 1200 contacts is too much to manage on any phone or tablet..

Please use plain text.