Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Contacts

bernysa wrote:
can not use/download a social network such a "Line"

hello bernyusa,

what does your sentence mean?

bernysa wrote:
can not make an icon showed on a home screen (limited icon), and many others.

what kind of icon do you want to show on the home screen?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
birin_singh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

When I try linking contacts, the linking button is blacked out and I can't select it. I've tried this for numerous entries. How can I fix this so I can merge multiple listings for the same person? Also, I thought the contacts would automatically merge entries for people with the same name...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

the contact that you are opening, to which account does it belong to?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
birin_singh
My Carrier: Telus

It was a Yahoo account. That being said, now seems to be working. Don't know if it was do to me doing a reset, but seems fine now. My new issue is that in spite of taking out the battery and resetting, when I try to add a calendar entry, everytime I click on the time button, it kicks me out of the app and closes it. This happens occassionally when opening images on emails also. Is this a defect in the phone, or is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

In Contacts, I continue to turn OFF Facebook, & other silly programs that I do NOT want displayed in my Contacts but they CONTINUE to come back ON.

Also, on the Hub... same thing. I can turn OFF Twitter, & other things but they continue to come back ON.

Needs some sort of SAVE permanetly feature ... or something

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

towngirl_04 wrote:

In Contacts, I continue to turn OFF Facebook, & other silly programs that I do NOT want displayed in my Contacts but they CONTINUE to come back ON.

Also, on the Hub... same thing. I can turn OFF Twitter, & other things but they continue to come back ON.

Needs some sort of SAVE permanetly feature ... or something

Perhaps you are experiencing this bug? The workaround is currently to scroll the screen up and down by touching the titles for each section as they don't have switches to toggle incorrectly.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Thanks. Not quite sure what that's all about.  Can't follow what the difference is.

A SAVE PERMANENTLY button would be much better

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi towngirl,

Did you watch the video that was linked in the original thread? It explains the bug better than words can. :smileywink:

The bug is: when scrolling the hub management menu the switches are being erroneously triggered by fingers touching their labels. The switches do NOT reflect this until after you return to the hub management window again. This is clearly depicted by the original video.

The workaround, until the bug is fixed, is to scroll the window up and down by touching the Titles for the different sections. The titles have blue backgrounds and have no switches associated with them to accidentally trigger.

Save permanently is what you are doing when you leave the menu, unfortunately until this bug is fixed you have no idea what you are saving unless you scroll using only the menus :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

This "bug" you mention, simply is not the answer. It continues to happen. Something as simple as holding on the name of a contact while in an email then clicking to add to contacts, makes it revert back & undo the settings I had set.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CyberDaeng
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

@bernysa: Yes, I'm very much agree with you. I also found a lots of dissapointment in Z10. I was so frustrated after buying this phone. In my company, we used the BBM a lot for staff and clients. Now I had over 800 contact list in my BBM and everytime I want to Broadcast Event or Promo from our company, I had to select all contacts one by one. My question is, why the sellect all contact in BBM Broadcasting feature is removed???

SMS Group also is so dissapointment. Cause not all of our clients using Blackberry so we also had Group SMS of our clients. But this feature is also gone.

If blackberry think to create Smartphone for Busines, then why all this very important feature to support business has been removed???

Please use plain text.