Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
stevewerth
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Corrupted data

I have an issue whereby my browser does not save username / password login info.  I can't resolve it despite having emptied the cache - making sure private browsing was set to off etc...

Also have an issue with my Koodo self serve app showing up as a black screen, so that does not work (carrier pushed app)

If I wipe the device, all works fine.

Problem is, that I have over 200 entries in Passord Keeper that I need and with no way to restore ONLY that...I can't resolve the other issues.  BB Link has no selective restore and so I end up restoriung the data corruption.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Corrupted data

stevewerth wrote:

I have an issue whereby my browser does not save username / password login info.  I can't resolve it despite having emptied the cache - making sure private browsing was set to off etc...

What OS on your Z10 do you have installed (settings > About)?

stevewerth wrote:

Also have an issue with my Koodo self serve app showing up as a black screen, so that does not work (carrier pushed app)

You need to ask Koodo about that. It's their app.

stevewerth wrote:

Problem is, that I have over 200 entries in Passord Keeper that I need and with no way to restore ONLY that...I can't resolve the other issues.  BB Link has no selective restore and so I end up restoriung the data corruption.

Yes, I hope BlackBerry gets a way to restore PK data soon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevewerth

Thanks for the response - 

It is 10.0.10.85

I spoke to BlackBerry support, who insisted that you can restore ONLY the data that you want and proceeded to tell me how in BB link, but obviously don't know what they're talking about.  They were unable to drill down to what they requested me to do in the BB link software, but wanted to RAS in to my PC...which would have been pointless IMO. I'm a BES admin and a BB user since 99.  I know how to get around almost any issue with the BB devices, but the tools have to be there for that to happen, and they are not yet for the BB10 OS.

What I ended up doing, was a wipe on my 9900 and a restore of ONLY the Password Keeper and Word Substitution databases, but that data is 6 weeks old and has obviously been changed since my initial load on the Z10.  I then performed another transfer from the 9900 to the Z10

All is fine, however, I know this will happen again, so I dowloaded a password app (Vault) from BB world and am copying and pasting the PK data from one to the other (long slow process).  This app has a backup to dropbox so I can at  any time wipe the device and just restore the data for that app.  I can easily recreate the accounts and other things I need...so I get a clean device.  All I would be missing at that time would be the word substitution data.

The Koodo self-serve app is fine now that I'm on a clean OS, but didn't work because of the data corruption during the initial transfer 6 weeks ago from my 9900 to my 10.  Same problem I was having with the browser, which is now fine as well.

As I said, starting with a clean OS on the Z10....I have no issues, but I am sure that one day, data corruption will prevail once again...so I am hoping that BBRY will add selective restore functionality to the BB Link software, but am not hoding my breath.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

How did you speak with BlackBerry support? You're sure this wasn't Koodo support, or did they escalate your issue up to BlackBerry and give you an incident number for follow up?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevewerth

They gave me the 877 number and I got a ticket from BBRY.  Apparently, the carriers are no longer allowed to offer any type of support beyond the basic stuff and must now refer it to BBRY, according to what they told me today.

Please use plain text.