Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Sammyp26
My Device: Curve 8530

Couple problems on my BB10

Hi,

I have been having a couple promlems with my BB10.

1. My bbm is not sending or receiveing messages. I have tried sending to a couple contacts and it just shows the red clock beside it. I have also had people try to send me a message and all they get is a check mark beside it and I don't receive it.

2. for the past week or so I have not been able to download or upgrade any apps. when I try to I get an error message that says "an error has occured processing your request." I have gone to settings > Blackberry ID and it gets stuck on Retrieving Blackberry ID Properties. Ive gone online to see if it is my ID but I can log in just fine on there.

Is there a fix for these issues?

Thanks! 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Couple problems on my BB10

1. Has BBM been working for you correctly on this device in the past, or is this a new (recent) issue.

2. Can you download free apps with no problem?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Sammyp26

Hi,

It has been working fine up until this morning.

I have only tried downloading free apps, and it does't work. I have a list of apps that need updates and it won't let me update any of them.

I am also not able to back up my blackberry through Link.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

If BB ID does not work, you will not be able to get updates, back up the phone, or be able to save shortcuts to the desktop.

I had on two of our phones where the BB ID stoped responding. Also, BB Protect will stop working. In the end the best solution was to re-install the OS.  If the phone is simply wiped and restored the ID will work but the phone will become very buggy and slow. It will still not allow shortcuts to be saved to the desktop.

After re-installing the OS on the two phones about a week ago, they have been very good.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
Sammyp26

How do I re-install the OS?

Thanks.

Contributor
Dance_Sport
My Device: Z10

You can re-install the OS through the BlackBerry Link software. You need a BlackBerry User ID if you do not have one.

If you have installed the BBLink, chances are you have one set up. Through the BB Link, you have an option to reload the OS. Before you go ahead, it is best that you back up all your important data and have all your applications that your have purchased or obtained free kept in a safe place.

I almost refreshed my OS once when I found that I cannot wireless connect and seemingly USB connect as well. However, strange as it may seem, wireless shows connection and I was able to use explorer to see my mass storage on BB10.

Anyway, what happened was, in setting it up for OS reload, I had to power off BB10 and as soon as I did that, it rebooted and everything was fine after that.

Therefore my advice is, try a reboot first before reloading the OS.

New Contributor
Sammyp26

Thanks, but it wont let me do that through the Link because it says im not signed into my id which it won't let me do on my phone.....

Contributor
Dance_Sport
My Device: Z10

Have you tried signing in through your PC web browser?

By the way, be aware that the user ID that you must create is the APP World ID which is not the same as this Support Forum ID.

If you have the APP World ID created and you can sign in there through your PC browser then you should be able to sign in through the BB Link.

There is another item you need to check. Go to Systems Settings, BlackBerry ID, make sure your BlackBerry ID Username, Optional First Name, Last Name, and Screen Name plus Password is set up.

You may need this when you are on WiFi or through the Carrier Network.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Dance_Sport wrote:

There is another item you need to check. Go to Systems Settings, BlackBerry ID, make sure your BlackBerry ID Username, Optional First Name, Last Name, and Screen Name plus Password is set up.

This is exactly what you should do.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

@JSanders The man said that when he went to BB ID it got struck on 'retrieving'. :smileyhappy:

@Sammyr26. Did you try reboot?
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!