Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tango luxembourg

Create groups with my contacts

I have a problem with my Z10, how I can create groups with my contacts ( telephones numbers ),  in my old 9700 BB, I can create groups of SMS sent via the group to all senders. On the Z10 I can create a group via BBM, but I do not see all my contacts to import in the BBM group; thanks for your help, best regards Tom from Luxembourg

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Create groups with my contacts

Hello Kirtz,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Adding groups within your contact list and is currently unsupported on BlackBerry 10 smartphones. You can add contacts from to your BBM Group from your Contacts list by opening the group, selecting invite at the bottom, then touching the + symbol in the to field.

Thank you. 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Re: Create groups with my contacts

That all is well and fine, if all your contacts are on your BBM list, which in most practical cases, never happens.

And yes, not being able to create group emails, which seems like a thing that any business oriented person would want to do , seems so strange, especially for blackberry, which is a business oriented phone.. Even my Iphone I could create group emails, from my contacts.