Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10 / Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Telus

Custom alert for different email and other account

There are many usefull features I've lost using the new BlackBerry Z10.  One of them is the alert customization.  Before with OS6 I was able to specify a specific sound or vibration for each email and many applications.  Now with Z10, I found no way to customize alert for specific email.  The worst is there is no way to customize the vibration.  So now when my phone vibrate, there is no way I can know withoug looking at the creen if it is a personal or professional email, a text message, bbm message...  I'm loosing a lot of efficciency at work and at home with this missing feature.

When BlackBerry development team is planning to add this to the BlackBerry OS 10?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Custom alert for different email and other account

Hey fberube,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This feature is currently not available in BlackBerry 10, my apologies but I do not know if or when this feature will be back.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree with the previous person that I used those custom alerts and I miss them on my z10.  Also how do you delete multiple emails at once?  I used to be able to highlight a group of emails on my Torch and delete all at once.  Is that an option on the z10?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

pattib wrote:

I agree with the previous person that I used those custom alerts and I miss them on my z10.  Also how do you delete multiple emails at once?  I used to be able to highlight a group of emails on my Torch and delete all at once.  Is that an option on the z10?

Do delete multipe emails, you have two choices.

1. Go into the hub, select your email account in the hub, this will bring up all your emails. You can click and hold on one email and a slider apears on the right, click on select more and then select the emails you want to delete, then click on trash button. 

2. If you want to delete all your emails , click on the date and hold, a little slider apears on the right, click on trash and it will delete all your emails prior to that date. This works the same for all your hub notifcations.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

thank you for your quick reply.