Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Blackdem
My Carrier: Vodacom D.R.C.

D.R.C. Carrier problem bb z10

Hi,

I bought my bb z10 yesterday. Im living in africa, in democratic republic of congo. My carrier is vodacom and impossible to get any network...

I tried already to wipe it, to look for an update by the phone, by plugin it with the computet, by the site...no solution found for congo.

Help me please.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants

Re: D.R.C. Carrier problem bb z10

Hi Blackdem,

I would recommend contacting your wireless network provider regarding this. Your services may not be configured correctly.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Blackdem

Hi,

What do you mean by "wireless" network provider? vodacom, my regular provider or something else?

I just tried tu put a sim from belgium now, it find the network. I tried again with my sim from congo....nothing :smileysad:

I m so disapointed that i have to go throw a lot of research and everything to make the phone work  here after all that money  to get it ....

its not normal

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hussein_ghandour
My Carrier: vodacom D.R.C

hi...im living in DRC too and using vodacom.. yes ur wireless provider means vodacom.. maybe the phone u bought is locked or maybe the bands it uses are different from the bands used by vodacom.. is the model u bought 4g enabled ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hussein_ghandour

ok i saw in ur details that ur phone model is STL100-1 that means its the 3G variant and not 4G.. did u buy the phone factory unlocked or locked from a carrier(reseau)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Blackdem

Now i have the slt100-2. It work now :smileyhappy: but i dont know if the 3g work because sins yesterday it doesnt work neither on my galaxy s3. **bleep**ing country
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hussein_ghandour

thats good! lol yeah the internet is so messed up. when orange started business their internet ws the best and now they just as good as vodacom... i hope when tigo starts 3G its would be better... because even on EDGE their internet is more reliable than airtel and vodacom

Please use plain text.