Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Data Usage and Call Time Logs

Im trying to see how nuch data i have used and how many minutes i have used.  Is there a quick and easy way to view this info overall and since last time I reset the data (aka, last billing period).

Thanks for your help. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
silverclown

Re: Data Usage and Call Time Logs

Since nobody has responded to this yet, I thought I'd ask again. This is a pretty important feature for me - especially when traveling. 

Thanks again. 

Please use plain text.
gregmccluskey
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

You can see it by logging into bell (it should be a bookmark in your browser, but you can access it on a regular PC as well)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
silverclown

Thanks for your reply,

gregmccluskey wrote:

You can see it by logging into bell (it should be a bookmark in your browser, but you can access it on a regular PC as well)

Do you know if there is a way to see that info on the actual device?  I know on the iPhone there is a way to see this information.

Why is it so hard to do simple things on the Z10? :No:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mscooley
My Device: Z10 / 32GB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Currently, there appears to be no way to check data usage from the device itself. With the absense of data compression, maybe this will be something added in a future update.

Let's extend this connection. Hit me on Twitter @kmcooley
Please use plain text.
DeValera
My Device: BlackBerryZ10
My Carrier: Rogers

Do NOT bring your phone with you.

The BBZ10 consumes data at a wallet emptying pace. I was using about 340 megs a month for most of the last two years.

Got the new device Feb. 5, reviewed my consumption history by phone with the Rogers rep - purchased 75 megs for $225 anyways and went off to London and lots of hotel and conference WiFi. On the last day even emailed a couple of one meg photos figuring I would be just over half the plan. (no message about crossing levels rec'd - did get that in May previous trip - another point to talk with Rogers about).

What a shock on landing Feb. 11,  364 megs consumed. Not only that, my actual activity of mails sent or received was down.

My ONLY HOPE is that the device or Rogers math is off and it is publishing at 10 times the real rate.

Even the 2 1/2 days on the ground here are "off" as they already show 110 megs. (that with the phone off yesterday too)  

If you bring your device you MUST protect yourself and purchase a SIM card over there - I am looking at both a +800 bill and a big argument when the invoice arrives. Rogers declined to discuss the matter in advance and wants me to wait for the billing date. What a long queue seeking adjustment to join.

DV

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

No change in data consumption on my Z10. But I haven't gone roaming yet...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mscooley
My Device: Z10 / 32GB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I have roamed either and though I do spend a good bit of time on wifi, I've only used 56MB of data on my Z on AT&T's network in 8 days. 

Let's extend this connection. Hit me on Twitter @kmcooley
Please use plain text.