Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
BBrickk
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Data vs. Wifi conflict

Everytime i connect to my wifi network, it works for the first few minutes, and then all of a sudden, all apps stop responding to the wifi connection ( even though connection is still there with full bars). It just shows the loading circle on any app ( e.g. bb world) and nothing loads.

When i turn off my data services and use the wifi only, everything works smoothly with no problems.Same thing with data when i turn the wifi off. They can't seem to function simultaneously.

I called my carrier ( Fido) and they changed my data from bb data to regular data, hoping to fix the issue, but it didnt.

I use a DIR-615 Dlink router. It is not the router because my family uses iphones and androids and they are always connected to the wifi with no problem.

What is the issue here? Is it the device? or Fido?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
WheresWaldo
My Device: Z10 9800 9900

Re: Data vs. Wifi conflict

Hey BBrickk,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question. Can you please provide some more information about your issue?

1. What is the current software running on your BlackBerry Z10? This can be found: System Settings->About->Category: OS->OS Version

2. Does this happen on other WiFi networks or just the one described in your question?

3. Has this ever worked?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers!

-WW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBrickk
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Data vs. Wifi conflict

More Info: When Data and Wifi are both turned on, the apps load only for the first 10-15 minutes, after that they stop responding and nothing loads ( the loading circle keeps going until network error pops on the screen). Wifi or Data can be used by themselves and they work perfectly fine, but not together.

1) 10.1.0.4181 STL100-3
2) It happens on some networks but doesnt on others
3) Not sure what you mean?
Please use plain text.