Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Day 3 with Blackberry Z10 - Frustration is Almost over

Day1 - Picked up my White Z10 on Tuesday morning when I got it. Was super excited , I was like a kid.. I am a true blackberry supporter and love their phones.  After trying to setup and running to constant problems with calendar, emails, just navigating around and actually use it for my work. I was so pissed and frustrated that I almost took my phone back. 

Day 2 - Finally got my email to work, transfered all my contacts, calendar from my 9810. I had a working usable phone now, but I found it so hard to use compared to my old BB.  Thanks to some very sharp people on this site, they were able to guide me in some of the settings. This new OS and phone is a big learning curve.

Day 3 - Now I love using my new Z10, tried my Torch this morning and couldn't stand the screen, still miss the keyboard, but I can type super fast on the z10 now.. I learned little tricks on how to use the phone and now very productive with it.. The point of this new OS and phone was to make you more productive in your real day to day life with work and personal stuff. 

I am still pissed that outlook sysnc was not included in the Blackberry Link, this was the main reason that I sticked with Blackberry.  Come on Blackberry please add this feature or you could loose a lot of people, I almost walked away, but for the time being I use my old Torch to sync contacts and calendar then transfer it to the Z10.. Pain to do, but temp solution. I will not use cloud..  I will wait for Companion Link and Deja Office once Blackberry approves this App.. Please make this a priority, its alread been submitted by Deja Office.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hajmuntz
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Day 3 with Blackberry Z10 - Frustration is Almost over

Glad to hear that you like the bb z10. I have just returned mine. Wasn't about learning curve for me - it was about extra steps to achieve the same task. I would love to hear the shortcuts you found. I love being able to hit the "green" dial button on my 9900 and start typing the names of a contact. This takes multiple steps now. Equally for me I want to have multiple email folders as I run teams in several different countries and I like to keep the emails separate. I would have loved to see the option to keep emails in folders in the app screen as of old but update the offering by showing how many unread emails are in each folder. Other little things annoyed me that I am sure will be fixed quickly such as the inability to paste a phone number copied off a website into the phone app. However I want BB to succeed and I am pleased to hear you like the new OS.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

I agree with you, I wish that they still had some hard buttons on the bottom of the Phone, I like some of the new features, but some of the old features were that good and dont fix it if it aint broken. I was able to copy a phone number from a web site and paste it in an email. or add the phone number. When you hold down on a number on a web site, a little slide out screen appears from the right.. The options are copy, copy link, open, open in new tab, bookmark link, save link, share.. I think it will take a while to fully learn how to use this new phone and OS.. Like I said in my post, I was almost there to return it.. but now that I am using it, I really like it. I am hopping by the end of the year that they come up with a slide out keyboard and a couple of hard buttons..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hajmuntz
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

That short cut sounds excellent. Sadly for bb I never found it in time.
I will try again when the Q10 comes out.
Please use plain text.