Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Kbalo
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Deactivate an email account temporarily in blackberry Z10

Hi, is there a way in Blackberry Z10 to deactivate an email account temporarily without deleting it ?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Deactivate an email account temporarily in blackberry Z10

yes, goto settings email account click on the account, click edit account, turn off email sync

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kbalo

Thank you for the answer; can the same be done with blackberry Torch, or is it something new with the Z10?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can turn off redirection for mail box on tourch  but i dont have one with me to

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kbalo

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ddch
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi,

Just to say yes this turns off automatic email sync but if you r in the HUB and select refresh it will make a pull on all email accounts.

Tried this setting on holiday and thought that the refresh would only apply to thouse email accounts I had set-up to perform a sync as opposed to those I had set to manual, learnt my lesson the hard way whilst roaming.

Hence I preferred BIS on the 9800 where I could disable email accounts, maybe a disable option could be a feature they introduce on the Z10.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kbalo

Hello, in case you are still intrested, someone gave me a solution for torch, you go to email setting, chose the account and then filter and click on "don't forward mails to the device". I tried it. It worked but be careful that we you reactivate it, it won't get you the mails you received during the inactivation period. Also, if you try to activate it on wifi without being on the provider network, it won't work. At least, it did not with me.
Please use plain text.