Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
DT655
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Default Bluetooth Headset / Audio Out Plug

While driving I have a bluetooth handsfree device (jabra speaker) and I have the mini plug audio out plugged into my car for audio (stereo / music).

While playing audio to my car, it uses the audio out jack just fine, the problem is when I get a call I'd like it to use the bluetooth headset device instead.

Right now when I receive a call, the audio for the call is routed through the mini plug and I have to manually select headset after answering the call which is a pain in the ....

Is there a way to define the default device for different outputs.

e.g.

Use the mini plug as the default audio out device when music is playing.

when I receive a call, use the bluetooth headset as the default device for phone calls.

when I hang up, switch back to the mini plug (because that is the default device for audio)

Also,

I ordered the music gateway thinking that it might solve my problem.

Will I have the same problem with it when 2 bluetooth devices are connected? e.g. The audio gateway and my bluetooth headset.

Should be able to assign specific bluetooth services to default outputs.

e.g. Audio > mini plug if present as default if not then it can use the bluetooth

Calls > bluetooth headset.

Hope that makes sense.

dave

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Default Bluetooth Headset / Audio Out Plug

I am not sure if this will work, but go into your car and let it connect to your headset. Go into bluetooth, menue, click on paired icon on the bottom, select the Jabra, I thought I saw options there where you might be able to do that.. It controls what the bluetooth does with your connections.

Please use plain text.
Developer
DT655

No, doing that just list the properties of the blue tooth device, no options to set.

Thanks for the post though.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Sorry I can't offer a solution to your problem Dave but if I can ask, on it's own, does your Jabra speaker work ok with the Z10 ?   Reason I ask is because I've got a BlueAnt Speaker and although it pair's fine and the speaker function does work, when in battery saving mode, as soon as the phone connects it opens the music app and starts playing music (at which point I have to pull the phone out of the holster and close the music app.. Not real condusive to "hands free" driving. Then when I shut the speaker down, I find the notifications on my phone are disabled and I have to do a battery pull to get them back. If Jabra is completely compatible I may just dump the BlueAnt and look at the "Jabra - Journey".

Please use plain text.
Developer
DT655

I have the jabra freeway model, and it's the best hands free I've ever had. No problems so far.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks for the feedback...  Just to clarify, you are using it with the Z10 right ??  (I'm asking cuz my BlueAnt worked fine with my 9900 as well)

Please use plain text.
Developer
DT655

yes, I'm using the Z10

Please use plain text.
Developer
DT655

The Blackberry music gateway solves this problem (kind of) and works best... when both jabra or other headset device is connected and the music gateway is connected it mutes call properly and works properly..

The new problem is only introduced if you have a headset (bluetooth headset or handsfree) that also supports the music services. (The two devices compete to connect to theses services)

I suggest buying a handsfree device that doesn't support music services (only a headset) and then you shouldn't run in to the below problem

Read this new thread to see the solution to the new problem if it exists yet.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Bluetooth-Services-and-BB-Music-Gateway-enable...

Please use plain text.