Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Default sent mail folder: sent / sent items

Hi guys,

I have an account, pop / imap, which I access from various devices and via the web.

The default sent mail folder is 'sent items' on the Web interface / server

On the playbook the folder shows as 'sent' but in fact correctly puts mail into the sent items folder on the server.

However, the Z10 creates a local folder called 'sent ' and syncs with the sever creating a new folder called sent on the server.

ie I have my Z10 creating and syncing a folder called sent while my web interface.and playbook uses the default sent items folder.

Any idea how to get Z10 to use the default folder.
Set up as Imap on my phone??

Have manually set up auto sync for the sent items folder so that I can access previously sent messages from other devices.

Apologies if this has been answered but I didn't see the answer elsewhere yet.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Default sent mail folder: sent / sent items

If you're currently set up as POP on the Z10, I'd definitely delete that account and use IMAP.  Chances are that the Sent folder will sync by default.  If not, you can manually sync that folder.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, I'm set up as imap. It's a UK2 account. I now have 2 folders on my server and phone. One called 'sent' which is items sent from the Z10 and the other is 'sent items' which is mail sent from all other devices - the default for the account.

Not sure how to get the Z10 to put it's sent mail into the default folder like every other device. Lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Contributor

Does the "Sent" folder on the Z10 show as being synced? Settings > Account > [your account] > Edit Folder Settings.

Trusted Contributor

I have just fixed this this afternoon. Yes it was synced. Thanks for getting back to me!

Z10 appeared to have created a folder called sent on my mail server and was syncing to that somehow while everything else was syncing to the default sent items folder on the server.

I remedied it by deleting the account from Z10, going onto the web interface. Deleting the sent folder, restarting Z10, re-adding the uk2 account and sent on Z10 now links to sent items on the mail server.

Very weird. Sums up my mobile device mail experiences in general recently.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

only IMAP and Active sync allow this and IMAP in manually set up where as Active Sync does it automatically.

POP and IMAP tend to have their own SMTP server for sending and when using a mobile device they tend to think the client only will hold this info.

Best to use Exchange Active Sync when possible.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor

zaba76 wrote:
I have just fixed this this afternoon. Yes it was synced. Thanks for getting back to me!

Z10 appeared to have created a folder called sent on my mail server and was syncing to that somehow while everything else was syncing to the default sent items folder on the server.

I remedied it by deleting the account from Z10, going onto the web interface. Deleting the sent folder, restarting Z10, re-adding the uk2 account and sent on Z10 now links to sent items on the mail server.

Very weird. Sums up my mobile device mail experiences in general recently.

Glad to hear your back in business.  Cheers.