05-22-2013 01:58 AM - edited 05-22-2013 02:01 AM
My problem is that when I delete email from the z10 it Doesnt delete it from the server
1. I am use to read my mails from some devices (web,macbook,mobile)
2. had an ios device before and use to have mails automaticly deletes from the server as well
3. If its not possible I beleive it will be available on the next release (10.1.2 ?)
4. If someone know how to solve this issue it will be nice (not a fan of pop3 )
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-23-2013 02:59 AM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
This is an issue we have been investigating for BlackBerry 10 Smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets that do not delete the messages from Gmail mailboxes after being deleted from the BlackBerry Smartphone or BlackBerry tablet.
At this time we do not have a resolution time frame, but our developers are actively working towards a resolution.
I appreciate your patience and understanding while we continue our investigation on this matter.
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)
05-23-2013 03:14 AM
05-23-2013 12:21 PM
Some Good News
After checking again to figure it out, this what I found out
1. When You delete mail from BB hub its deleted from the BB hub only
2. Next time that is configured under IMAP account for syncing with gmail (account Serttings> Sync Interval) item are deleted from the server as well, This is a normal imap behavior
2. Web Interface and mac mail are dynamicly sence the deleted mails and the are deleted from the Inbox
Hope this will Explain for some who have the same behavior
06-05-2013 04:15 AM
I have the same troubles with my Privat ISP Imap. If i delete a mail on my ipad it will be deleted on the server, on the phone and in the web. If i delete a mail from my bb nothing happens.
I would say yes it is my ISP. BUT: Why is it working with the PlayBook, iPad, iPhone and all other Mail Clients. Just the BB doesn't delete the mail on the Server.
06-05-2013 04:52 AM
Try to decrease the sync interval to 5 min under account settings, this should update your mail server for deleted mails and mailbox changes.
This is something that worked for me as warkaround to keep changes updated as fast as possible
I am having the same problem with my Z10.
The problem is that when I delete email messages on the gmail account from the Blackberry Z10 they do not delete on my main gmail account. (even allowing time for syncing the accounts).
I have tried all of the proposed solutions in this blog and none of them work.
(Please note that I did not have this problem on my old Blackberry 9930.)
Thank you for trying to help