Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark
My Device: Z10

Delete Photos

I cannot delete a couple of photos on my z10?? I have deleted them off my BlackBerry Link (and they are not showing on the Link), but they are still on my phone.

I have deleted them off my PC as well just to be sure....but now not only have they not deleted off my z10....but they have duplicated???? What on earth do I do???  :smileysad:

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Delete Photos

Use File Manager to verify that you have duplicate photos. You could have the same photo on your sd card and device.

I moved all my photo's from the device to sd card with file manager.. I also have set that all photos are to be saved on the sd card.  You can use file manager to move, copy or delete photos or albums.

Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark

Thanks for that. I have already been into file manager and the photos are not there (either on the device or the SD card), and the same as you I save all my photos to the Sd card.

When I go into the pictures app on (home screen), then into Albums (on bottom of screen) the photos are there....but I cannot view them singly?? It is a blank black screen.   They are only on the 'home' page of Albums??

I just cannot delete them off my phone, even though they are no longer on my BlackBerry Link or my PC???

:Wacko: 

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

The Picture program looks for all your photos on your device and memmory card, doesn't have to be in the photo's directory. You might have it somewhere else in a diffrent directory. I would do a battery pull and wait 2 minutes and put it back in. This way it will clear out the recently viewed cach from your device and I think that is what you are seeing.

Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark

Ok thank you, will give it a go.
Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark

I have now tried the battery pull (twice) and no it hasn't worked....But not only has it not worked and I still have duplicate photos, but I now have a duplicate album in my music app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileymad:

I have tried to delete the album(s)) because I could not play it.

I am too embarrased to go back to my Service Provider (o2 UK) and ask for a FOURTH z10, if it has done this already how many more times will it happen??????????  

So I am now stuck with a defective phone for TWO flipping years!!!!!

Sorry about the rant but I am so angry at the moment, I do not know what else to do or who to turn to??  :smileyfrustrated:

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Why dont you try a Factory restore with BB link and start from begining.

Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark

As I said I am sorry for the rant (and it was not directed at you).

I will try the factory restore tomorrow, as I am so fed up at the moment, I need to sleep on it in case it doesn't work and I really will be so...........!!!!!!!
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

No rant, I understand your frustration. When you do a system restore, it should also pull the latest OS that was released in the UK.. Hopefull that also makes your z10 work better.  Here is a user that posted some positive feedback on the upgrade.

Contributor
dvk11
My Device: Torch 9810

Anyone know how to delete pictures in bbm group in z10? There's no option to do so nor option to save pr not save the pictures in groups like in old bb...

Also, does the battery in z10 sucks? Mine does not even last for 1/2 day.. plus the handset gets hot.. i thot bb has passed those problems with ths z10. clearly it has not...

And how do i install OS upgrade? I just checked on OS upgrade in "Setting", but it says that i have the latest one.. but again, clearly i dont :s