Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jlandrews1981
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Delete/Send button on Keyboard

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with the delete button being directly above the send button?

May I suggest a confirm send, as many times I go to delete a spelling error and I accidentally send the message. 

Any thoughts?

Is this something Blackberry is looking at changing?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kinetic8
My Device: z 10

Re: Delete/Send button on Keyboard

YES!!!!! PLEASE do something about it. I've mis-sent 4 messages in a day, while trying to hit the backspace key.

Please relocate the send key to the top like in Apple.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DeadHorse
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Totally agree.   I have been burned by that a few times.   They have it right in the email app though with SEND at the top......why not make that the default for BBM and Text Messaging as well?   

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DeadHorse

[ Edited ]

Yes!   I am desperate for BlackBerry to fix this!   Every update I check thinking surely this obvious problem must have been fixed!   Oddly, they get it right in E-mail with the SEND button located top right.....but then stack it precariously close to DELETE in TEXT and BBM.   (If I'm hitting DELETE it's because there is something there that I DO NOT WANT to send.....so accidentally sending it at that point is just about the most annoying option possible....)

:Oops:

Please BlackBerry 10 Devs I implore you to fix this and make the upper right the default SEND button location for all messaging on BB10 devices.   This honestly seems like a glaring oversight and is my largest complaint with an otherwise brilliant and fluid BB10 OS.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

What's interesting is that when one is in the numerals portion of the keyboard "send" is not usable. Be nice to have that option with letters. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DeadHorse

I noticed that recently and then mistakenly thought they had fixed it!!  Doh!  Even something like that would help though....grey out SEND until you double-tap it or long press it??   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BMWBarrister
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook > Z10

I think send should be a flick like swift key words. Flick up to send the message. I like the idea of long press too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Topsoup
My Device: Torch 9800

I do hope something is done about it. It is very frustrating. My torch 9800 had the option to change the key. Please RIM read this.....
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Simmo-
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181

It's caught me out also. Mind you, in messaging there is no Send or Submit button until you enter a recipient
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Topsoup
My Device: Torch 9800

That's a thought. So it would be wise to type first. But will only work if u r not replying to a text. Thanks
Please use plain text.