Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Delete email on BB10 but DO NOT DELETE from mail box

John, thanks for the reply.  I checked with my colleague and she doesn't have the personal folders setup as mentioned in your email.  I also had our IT person check and confirm that.  Further, he has checked the two setup and confirmed both BB10's are the same. 

He also confirmed that deleting an email from my BB10 also deletes it in Outlook on the server.  And on my colleagues phone, the email remains on the system when she deletes in on her BB10.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Something is wrong with the sync on her device. Yours is working properly. There is no setting to delete on device and not on server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Verizon

@drewread:

Your solution of turning off "display filed messages" is EXACTLY what I needed!!  I'm pretty manic about keeping a tidy inbox and Hub. I can keep a day's worth of stuff in my Hub without breaking out in hives but that's about it. Man LOL

I have found that with my iCloud email once I file a message in a subfolder it vanishes from my Hub almost instantaneously. Many thanks!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9000 and PB
My Carrier: T-mobile

All the above is true and distressing

BB techs say that the function of delete on server or delete on phone does not exist

Their response is that it is due to 'active sync' email

To get around this I have all my email accounts set to 'forward a copy' to a new account that is not available on the phone.

Therefore, if I accidentally delete an email on the phone, I still have the copy on the mail server that I can obtain from my PC or tablet or web mail. 

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have found that you can choose to delete from Handheld Only, Handheld and Server or Prompt under Display and Actions on the Hub BUT I am using the Microsoft Sync for my work e-mail and if I delete from Handheld only, it goes to my deleted folder in Outlook at work. Very annoying.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Where did you find that message. I have been looking for it. Thank you

Developer
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Open hub

Open account 

Three dots > settings 

Display and Action

Bottom option

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Claro

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35669

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34912
If it helped you, click like.
If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved.
Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Good luck and let us know!