Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kdunning
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Delete from z10 but keep email in outlook

Hello,

I have a user who just received a z10 and has a complaint. He says on his old Bold he was able to delete an email on the handheld, but it would stay in his outlook. It is currently deleting on both, which I would say is normal, but he prefers not having it auto delete.

The outlook account on the PC is added the "normal" way, connecting directly to our exchange server (2003). And the account on the z10 is added using active sync.

Thank you, 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam

Re: Delete from z10 but keep email in outlook

The Z10 connected via ActiveSync does not provide the option to delete on the device but not on the email server. That function was available on older BB devices but not the Z10. Perhaps BB will add it in the future, but at the moment whatever action you take on the device will be reflected in Exchange.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdunning

I assumed as much. I hope they don't provide a fix for it :smileyhappy: It's a step backwards.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
irfanfazlani
My Device: z10

when will bb come out with this, its useless for me to use the z10 without this feature,, what a dissaster.....

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Simply file the messages and turn off the show filed messages option in the hub. 'Disaster' averted. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Belladog
My Device: Blackberry 10

There will be an update to this features very soon. I have been contacted by Blackberry and this has been escalated. So excited that Blackberry saw this as a problem.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
bobcook

Very anxious to see this added to the Z10. Great feature for the Storm and Storm II.
Please use plain text.
ExiledCanadian
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

They need to have that option. All my emails are saved on my laptop but I need to monitor them when I'm away from the computer. Every other platform has an "leave email on server" option. This is a no-brainer and they need to add this ASAP or else it will be a dealbreaker for me on the Z10.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
irfanfazlani

freinds. blackberry lost me, i give up the frustating z10

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Belladog
My Device: Blackberry 10

Same here. Gone back to my 9900. Just too many problems with the Z10. The email is the biggest problem and the terrible mapping app. I hate to admit it, but I may be tempted to try the new S4 or HTC One. Blackberry I am very sad :smileysad:
Please use plain text.