Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Deleted Blackberry ID by accident and my Z10 was stolen

My Z10 was stolen last night, and in an effort to wipe my phone, I deleted my blackberry ID by going in to the original email sent to verify/create my ID, and clicking the delete this Blackberry ID link (i was told that may work and realize now it has nothing to do with the phone at all).  I didn't know that I could log in to Blackberry Protect and wipe/lock my phone which is what I desperately want to do, but now I can't log in to an account associated with the blackberry ID active on my phone.  I've purchased apps through my Z10 using the ID before, is there anyway to recover it?? Someone is logging in on wi-fi and reading my bbm msgs and has access to pics of my kids, I need it wiped clean :'(

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Deleted Blackberry ID by accident and my Z10 was stolen

Did you try to re-create the ID account?

If the Blackberry system blocks you from re-creating the ID account, call their tech support and ask if it is possible to re-create the ID account.

Did you originaly (before the phone went missing) activate Blackberry Protect on the phone?

If the Z10 phone is passworded with a password that cannot be guessed there is no worry if it was lost in the locked condition, or the finder did not access it for more than 30 minutes maximum (or whatever you set the time out to). If the phone has a password, Blackberry Protect cannot be disabled without the password, if by chance the person who has possession of the phone tried to dissable it (if he is knowledgable enough to do so).

If the phone is a Z10, the longest it can go without the password being re-entered is 30 minutes unless it is being accessed often. I tell the people I work with and my friends it is very important to use a strong password for their phone. I use an 8 character name with some numbers in it.

If the Blackberry password is attempted to the number of attempts set (default is 10X), the phone will automatically become completely wiped or better said, "bricked".  There is a process to get it back by someone who would know how, but all the original user data would be gone. With Blackberry, if the password is lost or unknown, there is no possible way to bypass it (no backdoor).

If your phone has been properly passworded, and it was locked there should be no worry.

I would would think you called your carrier, and had the phone dissabled. This way the SIM card would be useless. Since at least the account has been wiped the finder of the phone will have some limitations even if he had the phone in the unlocked condition. The worry would be the personal data stored.

Jerry G.
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Deleted Blackberry ID by accident and my Z10 was stolen

Do you mean just try and make a new ID the way I created the original one?  Sadly my phone was not password protected properly.  What a horrible way to learn that lesson!