Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Deleted Emails from Z10

Don't delete.. file! It's a more advanced way of working. New phone, new OS, new features, new work flow! :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

:Eek:

Odd, that hasn't been suggested yet in this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
titusm47
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Just spoke with BB tech again this monring.

Bad news, it is not going to work with anything we do right now. Good news, they are working on it although no target date of resolution.

I was promised an email about this and will post it as soon as I get it.

Big regret that I purchased this unit.  There are better brands out there.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

titusm47 wrote:

There are better brands out there.

And some of those same brands are crappier devices and software as well.

To each their own.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
titusm47

Here is the email I received a couple of minutes ago.  Just fyi.

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Here is a summary of our conversation as requested:

1: Email Deletion: The issue with deleting email on the Z10 causing deletion from the source is a known issue, and being actively worked on. It will be fixed in an upcoming software release.

2: Contact Sorting: You can sort your contacts by opening the Contacts application, swiping down from the top, and selecting "Settings"; you will then see the option to change how contacts are sorted. However, you will still see the contact's first name displayed first. I have linked your case to a request from other users to change this so the Last Name will be the first thing you see, if that is your desired behavior.

If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Nick

BlackBerry Customer Support

BlackBerry

Tel:

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377

UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466

Europe: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

Email: help@blackberry.com

Web: www.blackberry.com

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Thanks for that update.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JoeMc

Can someone let me know when the email delete problem will be solved?  Otherwise, I will be forced to return my new Z10 and purchase a phone that will work.

It is hard to comprehend that this problem hasn't already been fixed. I use the phone for business and need those emails on my PC to reply to from my office.

Thanks, Joe

Please use plain text.
JSanders

JoeMc wrote:

Can someone let me know when the email delete problem will be solved?  Otherwise, I will be forced to return my new Z10 and purchase a phone that will work.

You haven't read this thread have you? No one here knows when. We don't work for BlackBerry.

JoeMc wrote:

It is hard to comprehend that this problem hasn't already been fixed. I use the phone for business and need those emails on my PC to reply to from my office.

Either:

1. Don't delete the emails from your Z10.

2. Choose to file the email from your Z10.

Then, the email is available to you at your office.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
WillHJ
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

I tried the tip posted about filing the email which seems to work pretty well. I also used another tip someone posted in another thread to sync the Z10 with an MSN/HOTMAIL/OUTLOOK.COM account.

These two tips working together seem to be working pretty well so far.  

First of all, I should say that I have several personal email address and several business email addresses and I had them all running through my Blackberry Bold BIS.  It worked very well for me with the exception of spam/junk which was a constant battle to keep it minimized on my BB Bold.

After getting the Z10 and realizing the email was now totally different, I was ready to take it back after a couple of days.  However, after digging deeper and finding these tips, I now think it will be much better going forward due to greater control and flexibility.  

What I did was run my 2 business POP3 accounts through an existing msn/hotmail/outlook.com account and then I synched this msn/hotmail/outlook.com account to the BB Z10.  I have set SHOW FILED MESSAGES set to OFF on my Z10.  

When an email arrives on the msn/hotmail/outlook.com servers it gets pushed to my Z10 (30 minute checks for the POP3 accounts; Immediately for msn/hotmail/outlook.com emails).  

Then, when view the POP3 emails on my Z10, they will automatically be removed (not deleted) from the Z10.  However, the msn/hotmail/outlook.com emails require me to manually FILE each one if want them removed from the Z10.  

I am still am not quite sure how all of this works but I think it has to do with the way msn/hotmail/outlook.com synchs with the Z10 (active sync?).  Since the POP3 messages are contained in subfolders of the msn/hotmail/outlook.com folder, they are already considered FILED when they arrive on the Z10 so after you view them, they revert to being read AND filed so are not visible on the handheld any longer unless you go back into Display And Actions and set Show Filed Messages to ON.  If you do this, then you will see all the messages, even the junk.  But, moving the setting back to OFF, they will be removed off the Z10 again.  So, this is useful if you have read a message but haven't yet responded and need access to it from your Z10.

This is a little clumsy but for me, it is working so far.  I actually find it better since I prefer to do my email work from one central laptop with OUTLOOK. (desktop version).  I use Outlook for my business and I centralize all my emails to one huge Outlook file.  I now use OUTLOOK.COM (online version) which will synch with OUTLOOK (desktop) and my Z10 so I have much more flexibility now than I ever had before.  And the spam/junk filtering is better since OUTLOOK.COM (online) has much better filtering and blocking than BIS ever had.

With my BB Bold, I was constantly deleting spam/junk all day long.  With the better spam filtering and blocking of outlook.com, I don't get hardly any spam now and what little I do get, I can file it to the junk folder and decide what to do with it later on.

It would be nice to have the DELETE FROM HANDHELD option back like the old BIS but I have worked around this with these two tips and I probably could get used to not having it at all because it sort of automates the email rather than me having to tell it what to do with each email as it arrives and is viewed.

Those of you that are thinking about giving up the BB Z10, I would suggest you get an outlook.com account (i think they are free) and try it out.  I think you can even run your gmail or yahoo mail account through outlook.com too thereby centralizing everything into one location.

Please use plain text.