Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
CyBeRjUnKiE
My Device: Z10

Deleted the Voice Mail shortcut on Speed Dial

Deleted the Voice Mail Speed Dial by accident.  How do I get it back there again the same way as it was originally?  I don't want to save the retrieval phone number to my contact list and put it there manually.  How can I recover it back?

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Deleted the Voice Mail shortcut on Speed Dial

Not aware there is a speedial undo option on the z10. If you delted it, you must go back to your list and add as a speed dial.  THe other option is if you have a backup of your system in BB Link, then you can restore from that backup. 

Enterprise SME
-BD-

CyBeRjUnKiE wrote:

Deleted the Voice Mail Speed Dial by accident.  How do I get it back there again the same way as it was originally?  I don't want to save the retrieval phone number to my contact list and put it there manually.  How can I recover it back?

You will need to security wipe to recover the voicemail icon.  Alternatively you could create a contact that calls your voicemail, pauses and inputs the password and then add it to your speed dial.  The only caveat with this workaround is that your password will be in plaintext in your address book.

New Contributor
Marc_W

I had some problems with my Voicemail (I put a password on it, and the phone plays the password to quickly for my EE system to pick up, so you'd dial in and just as the VM woman was saying "Hello, welcome to ..." the phone would audibly play my password, and the EE system got into a pickle.

I called EE, who were useless, but while I was on the phone I did manage to work out the following:

Click on the  "Phone" bit of the Z10 (i.e. the green telephone icon), and when the stuff appears, swipe down at the top to display the "settings" icon. This will bring up the Phone Settings, which will display the "Voicemail" icon. Click on this. My phone shows the EE number to dial for the Voicemail (it originally showed a long-dial number so that I can, theoretically, dial in from overseas). We worked out that if I replaced this number with 222 (the EE quick dial for Voicemail), then the password problem disappeared. This is an EE problem, it seems, not a Blackberry problem, but I wonder if the same solution would help you?

If you contact your provide, can they tell you the telno. for the Voicemail, and can you then simply put it in here?

New Contributor
CyBeRjUnKiE

Wipe recovers the icon but after restoring my data it brings it back to the same problem. Had to wipe again and manually add my information back again. :smileysad:
Enterprise SME
-BD-

CyBeRjUnKiE wrote:
Wipe recovers the icon but after restoring my data it brings it back to the same problem. Had to wipe again and manually add my information back again. :smileysad:

I'm not sure what you mean?  I thoght the issue was that you deleted the voicemail icon from your speed dial list.

What problem comes back after a wipe?

New Contributor
CyBeRjUnKiE

The voice mail icon shortcut. It must've gotten saved during backup.
Contributor
debbiemarco

I did that same mistake. And as hard as I tried to get it back, it didnt work.

I tried playing with the voicemail settings in the phone icon, tried leaving a voicemail to see if it would fix, tried adding it in the speed dial ... tried updating my OS because was running 10.1.85 ... tried restoring from previous back up (without wipe ) ... none of those worked ...

The only thing that I didnt try was the wipe and restore from a previous backup (a back up that had the icon.)

Just can't be bothered .. to wipe everything and reactv. all my stuff (BES, hotmail account, twitter, gmail .. etc.. ) but I'm pretty sure that would work. There's no reason for it not to work. If I end up trying it I will post the resolution.

Good luck to all. :smileysad:

New Contributor
blackbirdZ30
My Device: Z30 STA 100-2

I just found out this !:Clap:

Once you have deleted your VoiceMail from the favourites, Long press on any contacts you have saved in the Favourites...

An option will appear from the right side of the screen, Scroll down to add VoiceMail back to Favourites.:Ninja:

NO SECRUITY WIPE OR ANY OTHER EVIL ACTIONS NEEDED.:Rockon:

Contributor
debbiemarco

Ummmm ya....
That didn't work...
There's no option to add voice mail to the favorites unless you manually add it.

But this is not what we are referring to.

the issue here is that the voice mail (the actual icon that looks like the voice mail symbol is no longer in the "phone" icon.