Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sc32
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Deleting e-mails phone but not off e-mail server

I used to own a torch.  When you deleted an e-mail it asked you if you wanted to delete them off your phone or off the phone and server.

With the Z10 when you delete an e-mail. It automatically deletes it off the email server as well.  There are 2 of us with z10s who have the same e-mail address.  If one deletes the e-mail before the other one sees/reads it, it deletes it so you don't know that the e-mail has been received.  Is there any way to just delete the e-mail off the phone and not off the e-mail serve?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Deleting e-mails phone but not off e-mail server

There is no option for that.

Can you access the deleted folder?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Set your accounts up to use POP instead of IMAP, this will leave the messages on the server.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
Belladog
My Device: Blackberry 10

Just been told by Blackberry that my concern has been escalated to a DT Pass which I wast told was very significant. It's at the Senior Management Team, and according to the Rep they figure that Blackberry will address this problem and have a software fix for it in the very near future. This is great news :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
sc32

Blelladog,
Thanks for the info. That's good news! Hopefully there is a fix soon.
New Contributor
sc32

Drew read,

My account is already setup that way. Thanks for the suggestion.
New Contributor
lyndons

Hi,

Do you know if this problem has been solved yet?

Lyndon
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Currently there is no "solution" to the hard deletes from the server, but you can use a new workflow to achieve the same results.

The new workflow until things change is to use IMAP on all of your clients (Z10, Outlook, etc.) so that everything is fully synchronized and reconciled and if you wish to have messages not on the Z10 that are in outlook file them using this procedure rather than delete them from the device.

Seems to work pretty well for me, and I am enjoying not having to look at emails that I have already read, flagged, filed, etc when I get home from a day working out of the home office.

I do know that they were discussing what to do about the hard deletes that the Z10 is currently performing. I am not sure where they landed with it. Personally I think it is a bug and that it was supposed to be sending the deleted items to a "trash" folder, which if you dig deep enough they renamed "wastebasket" for some reason. I think that part of this renaming process has broken the delete sending it to the "trash" folder.. but only time will tell.

I am personally hoping that the deletes can be automatically filed to the folder of your chosing when you do chose to delete them from the Z10 ("trash" or something like "moved from Z10"), but we'll have to wait to see where that lands.

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
New Contributor
lyndons

cool thanks for the reply bud, while they busy with that they should be working on getting skype and whatsapp working, all in due time hopefully hey

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Seeing that both Skype and Whatsapp are not being developed by Blackberry but by the Skype and Whatsapp's own developers.. I doubt the development of those apps will slow down progress on the Z10 OS much at all. :smileywink: