Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

tmucc
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Deleting e-mails phone but not off e-mail server

It seems like Blackberry has been "researching" this issue for more than a month. Is anyone aware of a solution? Thanks very much.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

No idea, I've simply been filing messages on the z10 instead of deleting them. Issue 'resolved' and I don't have to do it when I get back to my workstation. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Traceysw
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Hi, just got my Q10 ... LOVE IT!!! But, stunned to find that BB10 now deletes emails off both the phone AND server without giving a choice as it did before on my BB Bold. A previous post indicated this issue had been raised to senior management development 4 months ago. Solutions to "just use an IMAP email account" is not an option, as I would have to change my email address. Setting up a folder for trash is a workaround, not a solution. Also on previous BB, when you "delete prior" emails, they were only deleted off the phone. It was nice to keep the phone cleaned up so it doesn't show 326 unread messages that you already read on your computer. Does anyone know an updated ETA on this important fix? And how to let Blackberry know there are still people looking for an actual fix to this, not a workaround? Thanks. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
NewQ10user
My Device: Q10

I just purchased the Q10, and I am shocked that deleting an email on the device automatically deletes the same email on the server, and that there is no way to turn off this feature.  I cannot afford to lose business emails from the server.  Does Blackberry know what a fatal flaw this is, and does anyone know when Blackberry will repair the problem?  If this is not fixed quickly, I am getting an iPhone.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vanito
My Carrier: EE

I just woke up to find at least 30 emails have deleted themselves and off the server, no kidding.

How can anyone run a business with this nonsense?

This problem is disgusting and highly urgent.

What the hell are you playing at Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Belladog
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

Blackberry why couldn't you design a new touch screen phone with BIS. I can't live without it. There are just too many options from BIS that are not on OS10. My 9900 is too old and slow and I need lte. But I have to have messages left on the server when I delete off the phone. Please fix ASAP :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
goobagone
My Carrier: AT&T

I work for a company that had 167 employees and we are having the same issue.

all our employees have the Z10

My employer has decided to return them all to AT&T and go back to using our older Blackberrys.

There should have been an update by now to address this issue.

We cant run a business this way!

thanks all and good luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garethglyn
My Carrier: Vodafone

This is just to add my two-penn'orth - I knew I'd received some business emails over the weekend, and I had set aside the first hours of Monday to deal with them. To avoid clutter on my Hub I'd deleted them from there, blissfully unaware that I was also deleting them from the server, so this morning I fired up Outlook and saw: "no messages".

I can remember the name of one of the emailers and have been able to find her email address via other means, but the others won't be contacted because I didn't register at the time who they were.  I had hoped that accessing my emails using the Webmail service of the carrier might save the day, but it was the same story there.

I find it hardly credible that this situation was allowed to exist in the first place, and that it still hasn't been resolved. It looks like I'll be returning to my old Curve if things don't improve, notwithstanding any other advantages the Z10 may have over it.

Very disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

garethglyn wrote:

This is just to add my two-penn'orth - I knew I'd received some business emails over the weekend, and I had set aside the first hours of Monday to deal with them. To avoid clutter on my Hub I'd deleted them from there, blissfully unaware that I was also deleting them from the server, so this morning I fired up Outlook and saw: "no messages".

I can remember the name of one of the emailers and have been able to find her email address via other means, but the others won't be contacted because I didn't register at the time who they were.  I had hoped that accessing my emails using the Webmail service of the carrier might save the day, but it was the same story there.

I find it hardly credible that this situation was allowed to exist in the first place, and that it still hasn't been resolved. It looks like I'll be returning to my old Curve if things don't improve, notwithstanding any other advantages the Z10 may have over it.

Very disappointed.

There is nothing to resolve, it is working as it is design to.

The e-mails on the BB10 platform are not per say on the phone, they are on the server and the phone is just an image of what the server has, basically, any operation that you do on the phone, you do it actually on the server, the same as if you are using the webmail access to the server, or using IMAP or Active Sync with Office Outlook or any other such program.

The best way to avoid deleting any message(s), is to moe them to a folder on the server and set the phone not to show the FILED MESSAGES

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garethglyn
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks, Martin. I tried creating a file from the phone itself, but if I press and hold on a parent folder to try an create one, I get the message "File Management is unsupported for this account", and if I create a new folder in webmail it isn't reflected (as yet, anyway) on the phone.

Please use plain text.