Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jagibson
My Device: Z10

Deleting on z10 = deleting from gmail account too

When I delete something on my Z10 it aso deletes it from my inbox on gmail too, same with Facebook messages. Does anyone know how to stop this? I dont like a ton of stuff sitting on my BB once Ihve read it, but I  still want to keep the message on my gmail box.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Deleting on z10 = deleting from gmail account too

Hello,

At present there is no "delete on" option to set; the BB and the server are intended to be mirror images of one another (within the 30 day max timeframe). This has been reported many times, but it is at present WAD -- Working As Designed. Whether the design will change in the future, no one can say.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

You can try using this suggestion, and file the items with 'show filed messages' turned off. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jagibson

That stinks, with my Torch I could delete on BB and not on server. How annoying. Sadly I realized after I lost several important emails.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jagibson

Thanks Drew, that helps as a temp fix. Hopefully they will do something about that.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DHulka

The fact that its finally working correctly when it deletes on both is fantastic. Who wants to delete their emails twice?
One of my biggest peeves on my 9900.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

DHungate wrote:
The fact that its finally working correctly when it deletes on both is fantastic. Who wants to delete their emails twice?
One of my biggest peeves on my 9900.

That's exactly how I feel, total reconcilliation between the devices is great for me too.

That said, it would be nice if the deleted emails would go into the deleted items folder, or another folder of your chosing, just in case you accidentally delete something important and want it back. I truly believe that this is how it was supposed to work (just like almost every other email client on the planet) and that there is a bug there. I am waiting for confirmation on that fact still. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

drewread wrote:

That said, it would be nice if the deleted emails would go into the deleted items folder, or another folder of your chosing, just in case you accidentally delete something important and want it back. 

My thoughts exactly. With my Torch 9800, I could delete it from my device because I didn't need it, but still had it in my e-mail inbox for reference. To know now that any e-mails deleted from the device is immediately deleted is a bit disconcerting. At the same time, I feel as if some e-mails I don't really need on my device so don't really want it there is taking up screen space, but can refer to my e-mails through my laptop if I want to.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DHulka

Its still in GMail, but not in the inbox or the trash. Maybe a slight bug there.
Please use plain text.