Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
oldslow
My Device: Z10

Depleting battery!

First six weeks no issues. Now battery depletes in minutes or at best a couple hours. You can literalyy watch it go done will it's on. Talked with Bell. Switched battery. No change. Talked with Bell again...send for repair!!

Frustrated! Less than 2 months in I have to go to a Bell store and get this thing sent off and not know when it will be returned and prolly get a refurb in return!. Seriously? I should be gettting this phone replaced by BlackBerry. Not being held hostage to a contract by Bell. I wish I had stuck with the Samsung Nexus that I gave up.....

New Contributor
oldslow
My Device: Z10

Re: Depleting battery!

Update...completely dead now...will not charge. I have no phone. **bleep**. Maybe I should make a youtube...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Depleting battery!

Hello,

You are not alone. In recent days, I have noticed battery life shortening from early days. At first, I thought it was a known problem with BB Travel...but even after removing that, it still runs down more quickly than it originally did. It is known that the more recent OS updates improved battery life, but that seems to not have held. We all are hoping that soon we shall have 10.1.x.x as that has been published to be releasing when the Q10 does, and that even more improvements will arrive with that OS level.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code