Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Nolte
My Device: No Longer Using.
My Carrier: N/A

Dev Edition Z10: Random Reboots Throughout Day, Forgetting Passwords, Keyboard Disappearance, Rotation Lock

I have many issues to report that affect usability of the BlackBerry 10 device proided to developers. I have been using it as my daily driver since receipt. I have confirmed that these issues persist with others at work who have received Blackberry Z10s as part of a test deployment which comprimises the company's confidence in such a roll-out.

Summary of issues:

- Z10 randomly reboots multiple times a day both during use and when inactive.

- Z10 forgets account passwords and is unable to update the passwords without deleting and re-adding accounts.

- Z10 fails to make keyboard appear on the lock screen periodically, requires reboot.

- Z10 fails to remember rotation lock setting upon reboot.

- Z10 fails to alarm if in rebooting sequence during scheduled alarm time.

Since the device was not purchased through a carrier, I'm not sure how to escalate this and other issues. I have wiped the device previously and continue to experience the above issues. It is up to date with the latest firmware, which represnts another disappointment since the Q10 has been released with an update that is not available for the Z10 and which hopefully fixes these issues.

Gave up on BlackBerry and delisted all apps.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Dev Edition Z10: Random Reboots Throughout Day, Forgetting Passwords, Keyboard Disappearance, Rotation Lock

Hey Nolte,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

We will need to gather logs from the BlackBerry Z10 to find the root causes of these issues.  You have 2 ways to escalate this issue, you can contact your current network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can create a ticket and then get the logs (no cost associated).  Or you can call us directly at 1-877-255-2377 however there is a cost associated to this (approximately 50 dollars).

I appreciate your patience.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbfish
My Device: Z10 2256
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Dev Edition Z10: Random Reboots Throughout Day, Forgetting Passwords, Keyboard Disappearance, Rotation Lock

I have had similar issues with random re-booting, lockups, etc. It was also randomly changing time zones almost daily. Most of it started when I decided to keep emails for 30+ days in an effort to let them delete automatically from the phone w/o deleting on the server. (The email issue should be addressed in other threads.) I believe the core problem is the phone becomes memory starved or has memory management problems. After deleting most of those emails, almost all the problems disappeared and no reloading was necessary. It may not be just emails causing the problems for others as any excessive storage may be swamping the memory. Hope this can be resolved.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slythfmst
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

Same issues. Running on rogers canada, with the stl100-3 os 10.1.0.273..

Now i just place the phone in silent mode so it doesnt wake us after it reboots and forgets it was in bedside mode...

This is getting frustrating BLACKBERRY.... I cant even dump my rogers z10 phone unless I pay 450.00 to cancel.

Maybe it would be worth it to dump this lemon (Blackberry storm)... 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

All those having the random reboots, yesterday BlackBerry published this Knowledge Base article on the issue:

KB34039 BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

Environment

• BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
  • BlackBerry 10 OS versions 10.0.10.684, 10.0.10.672, and 10.0.9.2743
  • DT 7053652
  • PR 321595
  • DT 6869108
Overview
During normal usage, the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone restarts on its own.

Resolution
Upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1.0.2050 or later if available.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.