Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Device Software Update

Blackberry Link Software Updates Window

Current Softeare Release: 10.1.0.2019 

New Software Release:     10.1.0.2019

Install Update has a red star. This release has been installed using the Link application, but still indicates that the device software needs to be updated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Device Software Update

Terrymc50 wrote:

Blackberry Link Software Updates Window

Current Softeare Release: 10.1.0.2019 

New Software Release:     10.1.0.2019

Install Update has a red star. This release has been installed using the Link application, but still indicates that the device software needs to be updated.

So, did you try updating again?

New Contributor

Yes

Release 2019 was the version on the device, Release 2019 was updated using Link, and Link continues to say that the device software should be updated. When the Software Release installed on the device is the same as the Newest Software Release, Link should not make the Install Update botton available.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z30, Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Terrymc50 wrote:

Yes

Release 2019 was the version on the device, Release 2019 was updated using Link, and Link continues to say that the device software should be updated. When the Software Release installed on the device is the same as the Newest Software Release, Link should not make the Install Update botton available.

Check on the phone:

Swipe down - Settings - Software Updates - Check for updates - it will report a new software release or your phone is up to date.

You can select Options and enable Automatic Updates - it will automatically download only when connected via Wi-Fi.

New Contributor

The software release on the phone is 10.1.0.2019, It was updated using Link (2 times for the same release version). Therefore, Link should not be indicating that an update to Release 10.1.0.2019 is needed. Link does not seem able to recognize that the installed release is the same as the latest release.