Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ddch

Device Switch Issues With Blackberry Link

Hi,

I used the Blackberry Link software to transfer from my 9800 to the Z10, however for the music media I noticed on the Z10 it said that files were missing, I tried a sync withthe iTunes playlist but still it said files were missing but didnt give an error for the sync.  I then found that although I had a 32GB SD card in the Z10 it decided to store the music which came from playlist on iTunes on its internal memory, music which I had not used iTunes for on the 9800 was transferred to the SD card.

How can I get the Z10 when using playlists in iTunes to place the music on the SD card and not the internal memory ?.

I did try to create a new playlist and sync this to see where it was stored and it was stored on the internal memory.

For calendar entries none were transferred and yet according to Link these would be transferred if they were not  an online account.  All my calendar entries were linked to Outlook on my P.c, and whilst I know that Link wont sync with Outlook I had thought it would have transferred the existing entries across.

I did use Yahoo on the 9000 but stopped using the online calendar/contact sync function when my Yahoo account and was hacked and those in my contacts started getting spam mails.  Since then I have stuck to Outlook on my p.c.

Overall I am not impressed by the Z10 and regret the move from the 9800.

Any help ion resolving the music file issue and getting my calendar entries off the 9800 onto the Z10 would be very much appreciated.  I find the lack of support from Blackberry for the new product very worrying.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
XBetadogX
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Device Switch Issues With Blackberry Link

exact problem no syncing from link and not transfering from old device please post solution if you find one. 

signed 

Extremely unhappy workplace today

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

(read on a another thread)

Try doing a device switch using the media card. Go to Setup on the old deice and hen go to Device Switch. it will make a full backup o fthe old device on the media card. Then put the media card in the Z10 and go to the Setup App and click on Device Switch to transfer the old data to the new phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ddch

Thanks for the suggestion will give that a go, it cant make things any worse.

Cheers

Please use plain text.