Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
vksumanlal
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: MTN

Device Switch between 9870 to Z10 not working

Hi,

I was trying  to switch my BB 9780 to Z-10, and used bb link software  to do the switching via USB.

Many of the  fields are not  replicating in Z10, even contacts, BB messenger ID and its contacts. Each and every time  the device switch menu  prompting a successful transfer,

how can I  transfer all my information in the BB 9780 to new Z10..

I have followed  the steps in the support site .. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mba1351018522513.jsp

But the transfer is just not happening  to me ..

please help!!

Please use plain text.
ToomasL
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Device Switch between 9870 to Z10 not working

welcome to the club..tried with a 530 as well to sync contacts from my Outlook account. Was easy with the previous Blackberry Desktop. You would have thought that this would have been on top of the list. I cannot give you a solution just joining the club. I am now carrying 2 blackberries..the other for contacts...don't have the time to manually transfer 1000 plus contacts.Grrrr

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vksumanlal

Of course, I believe some one will surely help me to get out of this  switch device issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vksumanlal

More addition,

I have installed the BB desktop and BB link on a Windows Vista Professional Desktop.

I have updated both  BB desktop and BB link to latest  versions.

I have tried to restore  the backup image through  BB link.  for contacts , BB messenger  etc,

but while choosing the  backup  done with BB desktop, appearing  Legacy backup file and while scroll down to the files, showing Partial Backup as status.

while restoring,  the restoration  is completing  in a moment.. Or two.

Please help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
3manek
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: airtel

How to do this device switch? I sync with email but still many of my contacts are missing.. I was using 9790 now just bought my Z10
Please use plain text.