Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
DT655
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64

Device keeps waking up? Lock screen lighting up

Z10 is just sitting on my desk, and every few minutes (havn't timed it, sometimes frequently, sometimes not), the lock screen appears...

I other words its locked and screen is off just sitting there... then I see it light up (shows lock screen) for a few seconds then goes off again.

Any ideas... I don't remember it happening until now, don't remember it doing this when I got it.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Device keeps waking up? Lock screen lighting up

I've seen that too. No idea what causes it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
realization
My Device: Z10

My Z10 randomly lights up when charging, and also sporadically when not on the charger.  I read somewhere the following piece:

• Your phone shows activity when it is not in use

Has your phone been making noises or lighting up its screen when you are not using it? Outside of call and message alerts your phone should be silent when not in use. That is of course unless you’ve had your cell phone tapped. Does it reboot for no reason at all? These may be signs that someone has remote access and that you’ve had your cell phone tapped.

May be way off, but something to consider.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's not "Tapped". The only time I've seen mine light up is when it's done charging.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!