Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Device memory filling up

If you want to hear from someone at Blackberry about this issue you are in the wrong place. Smiley Happy This is a user to user forum and very occasionally a Blackberry representitive will visit.. usually to point out known issues.

For issues that are uncommon they almost always ask you to call your Carrier's Blackberry trained support team, if the carrier support is unable to help make sure they escalate you to Blackberry Support (Tier 2 Blackberry employees) so that they can pull logs from your phone. Be sure to ask for your support incident number! Smiley Happy

Good luck!

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bakberry z 10
My Carrier: aircel

today my memory is showing 5.8 GB used and yesterday it was 5.5 GB. I uninstalled 3 Apps yesterday but to my surprise its 5.8 GB used now. 

First of all, even if i install some app it gets installed onto memory card. There is definitly some issue with z10 phones. its logical ..when you purchase the phone it shows that around 4 GB is used. and then within in a month it shows that 5.8GB is used when you dont even have anything stored on device. I just have 5 apps installed and i dont think that 5 apps will take 1.8 GB space. I have used android and iphone before and neever ever had this meemory problem before. Seems like in next two months my BB will show 15GB memory used.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

If you really think you have a memory leak, call your carrier's Blackberry support team and get it reported. There is nothing that the users of this forum will be able to help you with on this matter, short of recommending either trying a battery pull or wiping the device and reinstalling the OS after performing a backup of your data.

If you pull the battery and check the memory and it is the same right away, the I doubt it is a memory leak... Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Q10, Playbook, Curve 8900, Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T, Simple Mobile, Rogers

Pinned Dropbox also giving me trouble - I have a large Dropbox, 20 GB, and would like to have it on my SD card. Better yet, please let us save our photos into a folder in Dropbox. Come on Dropbox and BlackBerry!!!!

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I believe there is an option within DropBox to sync photos and videos on the device to DropBox.

That could be in Box. You can check and see.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: idea cellular

Same issue I am facing.. whatsapp data stored in memory card. And day by day device memory decreasing.. how?? And now is showing 3% remaining only.. hpw??
Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Device memory is decreasing, is that bad?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code