Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
cafeics
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Device switching problem...ready to return phone to manufacturer

I have tried over 15 times to transfer my data from my 9800 to my new Z10 and every time the process fails when wizard prompts me to connect Z10 to PC. The old data backs up successfully but it is impossible to restore it in the new Z10.

Somebody please help.

Thanks...Carlos

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Device switching problem...ready to return phone to manufacturer

Can you explain in more detail what exactly happens when you connect the Z10?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cafeics

This is the message:

"There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected."

I have BB Link installed in 2 different PCs: XPP and 7Pro and the problem is the same for both machines.

I even tried doing Restore Device Data from my legacy device and the problem is the same.

I am able to see, though, all my files stored in my SD card.

Weird...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Are you using the same cable on both computers? It's possible the cable is faulty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cafeics

Tried both cables and same result.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I think the best thing to do is contact Bell for support and have them escalate the case to BlackBerry support. That support is free of charge to you but you often have to press hard on the phone to get them to do that.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cafeics

Will do...thanks for your help. Will post here to let everyone know what was the outcome.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

One more thing you might want to try if you haven't is to have both phones plugged in before your start given you have 2 cords.  This way  you will have already had the pw's entered if any etc.

Then before your start the sync , verify both phones are reconized by  BB Link. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cafeics

Tried that a few times already. No go.

Please use plain text.