Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

OnkelFoesh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Disable Voice Control Z10

Is there any way to disable the voice control or at least the voice control button on the outside off the Z10?

When button is pressed accidentally while phone is in bag it is starting calls.

Please use plain text.
dlhs253
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Disable Voice Control Z10

I would also like to disable this function for essentially the same reason, except it's in my pocket.  Also, the voice is quite disruptive when the button is accidentally pressed while in a silent classroom.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Niciste
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

me too on the Q10!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MikeSG
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

Hi I have the z10 and have the same problem, there must be a way to lock this voices button. It is so annoying
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MikeSG

Any one visiting this page please double tap on the like button, maybe with enough likes blackberry will listen
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MikeSG

Yea I think I may have the answer for z10 at least, go to settings, display, and turn off the allow gestures button when locked. This appears to disable you'd side buttons including volume when phone is locked. Let me know how u get on
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
billcoleman

I really need to disable voice control.  Most of the time it cannot understand me or cannot connect with the voice control server.

My main use for voice control is for hands free dialing in the car, but I just end up aarguing with the phone as itdoes not work well enough with background car noise.

It also overrides my Parrot car kit.  So as a minimum I need to stop it working in the car so that I can use the parrot that works perfectly well.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Simmo-
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

[ Edited ]

Dragging down settings and going to Voice Control and setting 'Hear Voice Feedback' to 'No Prompts' Should at least keep it quite in the classroom. Myself, I have a thin but tough silicon rubber case which largely prevents any accidental key presses.

I never agreed to using 'Full Dictation' so I haven't (as yet) found myself arguing with the thing :smileyvery-happy:

Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
billcoleman

That helps to reduce the voice control functionality and prevent accidental voice controls being started.  But the problem that I have is that voice control always activates when I press the button to make a call on my car kit.

As the Z10 voice commandes cannot handle the background noise in the car, or just cannot connect to the voice server, or if I am not in a 3G area, or I it just  cannot understand me, then it stops my car kit from functioning at all for outgoing calls.

The only solution that I need it to completely switch off the Z10 voice controls.

Please use plain text.
biohazard6669
My Device: z30
My Carrier: chatr

Yes.  I have had the z10 and currently use the z30.  This is how to disable voice control in both phones.
-Go into 'Settings'
-Go into 'voice control'
-find the button that says (open with mute key) and slide it to the OFF position

-for added bonus, click on item under that called 'Enable Dictation' once in there slide Dictation ot OFF position.
exit the settings and if you feel like it, restart your phone. (though you dont really need to do this it is suggested you do so every once in a while).
You will find every type of answer on these froums and people talking nonsense about things they have no clue about.  The answer i gave here today is the step by step of how i disable voice control in my z30 (mind you the z10 has the same settings app)

Please use plain text.