Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

HMell
My Device: PlayBook & Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Dissapointment wiith Z10 & PlayBook bridge

I have to admit that I.was qite disappointed when I used the BlackBerry Bridge app to link my new Z10 to my PlayBook.  All of the previous functionality has been lost.  I loved the fact that I could use the larger keyboard of my Playbook to respond to my emails, BBMs and text messages.  Why on earth would RIM get rid of this functionality with the new OS 10 phones?  Been a die hard fan of BlackBerry since the beginning, and can't understand why there would be. Such oversights when their market share has been doing as poorly as it has in the past couple of years. 

Please tell me that an update will be coming out for this, and that my tablet hasn't just turned into a high tech brick.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Dissapointment wiith Z10 & PlayBook bridge

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here on this user-to-user forum, no one who might truly know the information you desire would be allowed to reveal it. We are all hopeful that such will be included in future releases.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.