Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

f2
Contributor
f2
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Distorted video - too wide

I have posted about this on Crackberry.com.  But maybe should bring it up here.

The main problem is that when viewing a video on my Z10, images are stretched left to right and so people are wider than normal :Wacko: and also objects like buildings, etc also are too wide.  It is less noticeable in landscape screens.  Upon a suggestion I received today, I opened the same video in the Z10's Browser and the video is NOT distorted.  But I think that the app should work properly.

Here's some extracts from the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/distorted-video-too-wide-849144/

I copied a homemade mp4 file to the z10 of one of my vacation trips (I create a dvd movie from the digital photos). The image is "widened" and frankly I don't need any help in the WIDENING area. It seems to show correctly on my PB and on my computer. But on the Z10 it is wide. Pinch does not HOLD - bounces right back to wide.

There does not seem to be a setting to alter this behavior or appearance. If not connected to the tv, the DISPLAY/hdmi setting is grayed out.

I just created a new video. Since the phone was going downstairs, I copied the mp4 video to the phone. Plugged it into my tv but, once again, the images are distorted - too wide. So the screen is spread left to right and people are too wide. The effect is less noticeable on Scenery but you can see it for buildings and such. And, it is not just on my TV but it is also evident on the Z10, itself. So, the z10 appears to not be displaying the image or video WIDTH correctly.

I then copied the same video to my Playbook (another BB device) and the video is fine and NOT DISTORTED.

I am still on the original Verizon bb10.1.xxxxxxxxxxxx OS.

Any idea if there is a setting on the phone that I am missing.

**bleep**! I had not thought about opening the video in the Browser. You are RIGHT - the video proportions are correct when opened in the Browser. So this is a definite bug in the Video app's software or settings. Of course, one should not have to go into the browser to view videos because the app is BROKEN.

I wonder if Kalemsoft or other video apps performs correctly?

When I first posted the thread, I did not know if it was my desktop software's coding or resolution or .... So I burned off the video in format after format to no avail. I am somewhat surprised that no one else has raised this issue. Maybe I will take it to the official bb forum.

Please use plain text.