Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
Accepted Solution

Downloaded Apps Won't Delete

I downloaded some apps from World, and later on, I deleted them by pressing and holding from the home screen. However, once I check World's Downloaded section, they are still there. I can't access the apps, but I can't reinstall them either because of World. I tried a security wipe then restore, but nothing happened.

Is there anything else to do?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Downloaded Apps Won't Delete

Go back into BB World, select my world, select apps & Games, click and hold the app you want to uninstall it. Once you do that, then you can re-install it.  

New Developer

I already tried that. Nothing happens, as does doing the same thing but pressing Delete instead of Uninstall.

I'm trying another security wipe, but without restoring any application data to the phone. Had to edit the .bbb file to get that, but let's see if this works.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

If the app never got downloaded properly and installed and it is hanging then it might be stuck. Use BB link to restore to Factory settings.. This will also pull and update the OS if you have Fido or Rogers.. 

New Developer

These apps were 100% working before the delete, though. The wipe just finished, so I'll try setting it up from there before checking Link. I don't think I saw a Reload OS button in Link, so I might have to reinstall that too.
New Developer

The partial restore worked. Now World only has the default apps listed as downloaded, which is what it should look like.