Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Bonsaibo
My Device: Z10

Draft Email Sync

One feature I love on the Z10 is the ability for your draft emails to be seen.  I create an email in my Outlook.com and as long as I have my draft folder on the device set to sync, that draft in Outlook.com will show on my device.  The only problem is when I have more than one draft email.  Today, I have 3 and only the first one shows on the device.  All three on in Outlook.com, but not on my Z10.  Also, I noticed that when I edit one of the three drafts, that email goes to the top of my draft folder in Outlook.com and is now the draft email on the Z10.

Anyone know how I can see ALL my draft emails on my device, regardless of how many?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Draft Email Sync

Hello,

Interesting...is it perhaps your Sync Timeframe setting? Are those Drafts that are NOT showing outside of that time window?

I just ran a test on mine, and I can have 2 drafts showing on my Z10, perfectly replicating what the server/Outlook client both show. I would have to wait a while to test the Sync Timeframe as causal...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Bonsaibo

Hmmm. Interestingly enough, all three drafts are about 10 minutes apart. I drafted all 3 today, in Outlook.com, all on the same email account, to send on Monday, Again, only 1 shows on the device, and that one appeared within minutes of me saving it in Outlook.com. Again, everytime I modified one of the drafts, that one went to the top of the Outlook.com draft folder and that's the email that then appeared on the Z10.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Bonsaibo wrote:
to send on Monday,

Wait...as in you have configured the scheduled send (Delivery Options > Do not deliver before:smileyhappy:? I did not test for that...please clarify all specifics...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Bonsaibo

[ Edited ]

Don't use that delivery option. Simply wrote the email in Outlook.com, saved as draft, Wrote the next email, saved as draft, Same for the 3rd. I'm going to finish them over the weekend and send on Monday, manually.

One other interesting note.  I drafted another test email from another Outlook.com account.  That one did appear on my Z10.  Thus, it only appears as though multiple drafts of emails from one email account in Outlook.com, won't show on the device.

Appreciate your help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Bonsaibo wrote:

Don't use that delivery option. Simply wrote the email in Outlook.com, saved as draft, Wrote the next email, saved as draft, Same for the 3rd. I'm going to finish them over the weekend and send on Monday, manually.

Ahhh...OK...that now means that my test is equatable to yours...but still with different results.

Bonsaibo wrote:

One other interesting note.  I drafted another test email from another Outlook.com account.  That one did appear on my Z10.  Thus, it only appears as though multiple drafts of emails from one email account in Outlook.com, won't show on the device.

Perhaps remove the account integration, reboot the device, and re-integrate?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Bonsaibo

I will try that. Thanks. Let me ask you if you also drafted emails on the device and if those then showed in Outlook.com, in the draft folder. I just tested creating two emails on the device, and then went into Outlook.com to see if they were in the draft folder, and they are not.

Obviously this should be two way sync, so I would assume you'd see them on both the device and the email server (Outlook.com) regardless of where you originally wrote them.

One final question: are you on 10.0 or 10.1? Could be the issue, since I'm 10.1.0.2009 (Stl100-4).
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Bonsaibo wrote:
Let me ask you if you also drafted emails on the device and if those then showed in Outlook.com, in the draft folder. I just tested creating two emails on the device, and then went into Outlook.com to see if they were in the draft folder, and they are not.

I did not test for that...but just now did. The item shows as draft on the device, but not on Outlook.com (yet...sometimes such reconciliation can take longer -- email send/receive has priority, all other functions have lower priority). When I, on the device, look directly at the Drafts folder, I see both items...which makes me think that eventually it will reconcile to the server. I will leave it overnight to see if it ever gets there.

Bonsaibo wrote:

Obviously this should be two way sync, so I would assume you'd see them on both the device and the email server (Outlook.com) regardless of where you originally wrote them.

I agree...but it won't be the first "error" discovered in the synchronization process (if indeed this one bears out as an error).

Bonsaibo wrote:

One final question: are you on 10.0 or 10.1? Could be the issue, since I'm 10.1.0.2009 (Stl100-4).

You can see my OS level on the site...to the left of all of my posts.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Bonsaibo

I removed the account and readded, and also did a restart. Still not showing. Of course, it could be due to the OS difference, so I cannot complain it is not working. (BTW, the 2 drafts I created on the device have yet to show up in the Outlook.com draft folder. These were drafted 90 minutes ago, so I'm assuming by now they'd be there. If your test does result in your device drafted emails appearing in your Outlook.com draft folder, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Again, thanks.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello again,

Well, however many hours later this is, the draft created on the device does not show in the server-based Drafts folder. So this would sound like a bigger issue than merely the specific OS package that you are on. Again, not the first ActiveSync issue ever discovered...indeed, I have not dug for it, but there are plenty of threads (some quite long) listing issues, and it could well be there already.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates