Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
atlarep
My Device: Blackberry Z10

E-Mail Filters gone! - BB Z10

I've been a BB user since 2007; I just bought my Z10; while I love the phone and feel like it's a very good device, I am a little disappointed at the fact that e-mail filters are gone.

On my Bold 9900 and previous phones, I used to have filters setup, which was relatively easy to do online and even from the phone. There doesn't seem to be a way to tell your Z10 which messages you don't want to receive.

Has anybody found a way around this? This gives me a hard time because I am now getting thousands of emails I do not want to get on my phone.

Thanks in advance for your help

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: E-Mail Filters gone! - BB Z10

atlarep, the BlackBerry10 devices use ActiveSync, which basically mirror the mail on you server.

If you have an IMAP email server, you can set those filters ON the server to immediately upon reciept, move certain messages to different folder, and not sync to the Z10.

ALSO:  You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
atlarep
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: E-Mail Filters gone! - BB Z10

Thanks for your response, I will definitely try that.
Thanks for the privacy advise too, I was not aware of that.