Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

E-Mail question (Deleting e-mails)

On previous BB handhelds, when deleting a POP e-mail, the option was always to delete on "mailbox and handheld" or just "On handheld"...   That doesn't seem to be available now..  Or is there something in setup I've missed ??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jed0624
My Carrier: Bell

Re: E-Mail question (Deleting e-mails)

I am having this same issue and have contacted provider twice went to Blackberry support and no answer yet. I am also twitted Blackberry help.

I would really like the answer to this one as well

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks for the reply !!  Please let me (us) know if/when you hear any news...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jed0624

Do you know what the sync interval is for?  I was wondering if turned that to manual if it would not then delete from server but I dont know if you make it manual if you then don receive any emails.

Emails came instantly on previous versions of BB (torch that I had)

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

If you set that to manual then you'll have to manually check for new mail. The option to delete on handheld or both is gone. Sorry. That's how this system works. The Z10 has a true email client and mirrors the mail server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jed0624

Okay .. so is there a way to get emails instantly instead of the lowest interval setting of 15 minutes?  That seems a step backwards in technology

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There is if your email provider offers IMAP IDLE or ActiveSync. Otherwise the device will have to poll at the interval you set.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jed0624

So why would this be different on Z10?  Do I have to change a setting if they do?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Because the old BB used the BIS system for polling and depending on the provider would give nearly instant push mail or, in many cases, had up to 20 minute delay.

Who is your email provider?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jed0624

Rogers.

Do you know also how to stop it from flipping to lanscape when I hold it in portrait mode?

Please use plain text.