Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
slickvguy
My Device: Z10

E-mail composition screen has a little glitch

When you tap "Next" on the e-mail composition screen, when you are in the Subject: field, it does NOT go directly into the body part of the e-mail where you would enter the content of the e-mail. Worse, the keyboard disappears and the submit button is displayed. Very annoying. I doubt many people send blank e-mails w/ just a subject. It goes from To: (where it oddly displays "Submit" on the button on the lower right instead of "Next"), you tap submit, it goes to the Subject field (now the button displays "Next" as it should), but when you tap "Next", the keyboard and cursor disappear!  

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: E-mail composition screen has a little glitch

To get the keyboard back if it becomes hidden, swipe up from the bottom using two fingers at the same time. To hide the keyboard hold the space-bar key for more than about 3 seconds.

To go to the main letter, tap on the main letter area at the place you want to start writing.

I also saw this problem, and earlier reported it. I am sure BB will eventually have a fix for it. In the meantime my work around works okay for me.
Jerry G.
Contributor
slickvguy
My Device: Z10

Re: E-mail composition screen has a little glitch

Thanks Jerry. Yeah, I know how to get around it. Just funny that with all the great time-saving and cool features on the Z10, a simple and most common thing like what a user does to send an e-mail somehow gets overlooked. lol. Just wanted to make sure the developers are awware of this and correct it in the next OS update. It should have been corrected inthe last one. E-mail entry of To/Subject/Body should all FLOW. :smileywink: