Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
dhuhtala
My Device: Z10

E-mail delete shortcuts?

I'm finding the number of touches slowing me down when I'm deleting e-mails on my new z10.  I've been using an iPhone 4 for a while and decided to switch because I'm tired of the unbelievably poor experience I have with iOS devices in a corporate environment - don't get me started on how bad calendar management works on an iOS device!

Anyway, I've ready about how to do multi-selections and then deleting a group of e-mail, but the way I typically process e-mail is to look at the e-mail and then delete it if I don't need to keep it, so multi-select doesn't work so well.  The way I'm used to doing this is looking at an e-mail, deleting it and then the e-mail client typically goes to the previous or next e-mail so i can delete the next one.  

On the z10, I have to touch the e-mail, then touch the over-flow icon, then touch the delete icon and then it takes me back to the e-mail list where I have to touch the next e-mail, touch the over-flow icon, touch the delete icon, etc..it takes me 3x the number of touches to delete e-mails individually.  

Are there any shortcuts to delete an e-mail without using the overflow menu first?  If not, there should be!  Or at least an option to go to the next email after deleting - then I'd only have 2x the number of touches instead of 3x...!  :smileywink:

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: E-mail delete shortcuts?

Best way to delete emails, is to Select and hold an email then select more and select all your emails you want to delete in one shot. Also if you want to delete or mark all emails as read, Click and hold the date above the email, a slider appears on the top right to delete all or mark all read.

IMG_00000081.pngIMG_00000079.png 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhuhtala
My Device: Z10

Re: E-mail delete shortcuts?

Thanks but I have tried the multi select option and ruled it out - the problem is that the BlackBerry doesn't seem to have an option to go to the next or precious email after deleting one...It always goes back to the inbox again. That's my problem....

Please use plain text.