Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
slickvguy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

E-mail forwarding bug?

When I forward a message to outlook.com that originated from outlook.com, the e-mail is received but the entire forwarded message (i.e. the original message) is not there. If I forward e-mails received from other email servers to outlook.com, the attachment shows up properly. Not sure if this is an outlook.com problem or if the Z10 is not sending the original e-mail portion of the forward.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: E-mail forwarding bug?

Interesting question...

In Outlook.com I am not sure if you can email an attachment to yourself.

I don't see this being a Z10 problem. I believe you can email attachments to yourself using other email addresses as long at the email service provider allows it. I would have to try this with Outlook when I have the chance. As for my own main email address my service provider does not allow any instance of emailing one's self.

Some ISP's block email being sent to one's self especially with attachments. This has to do with security issues where email address names are hijacked and used to email the people who they belong to as if it was a self email, and are containing malicious attachments. .

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
slickvguy
My Carrier: Koodo

[ Edited ]

Jerry, I'm not sure if it's just a case of forwarding to yourself. I don't have anyone else from outlook.com to test this with (yet). Maybe I'll test it with hotmail. I guess I could setup another outlook.com account to test it but won't bother.

The only reason I saw this was because I wanted to see if the HTML problem (see my other thread) occurred in a forward too or just in a reply. That is a far more serious problem and I've seen other people on other threads report the same problem. In certain cases, the Z10 will send the formatting tags as content rather than interpret (or ingore) them properly, so the viewer see a mish-mash of tags and content. Again, it could be a case of just replying to one's own e-mail, but I doubt it. Or, it could be outlook not handling the incoming reply properly rather than the Z10 making a mess of it.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
high1604
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am having the same issues with the email farwarding. When i farward on the Z10 i can see the entirer body of the message, everithing looks good but on the other end it either contains tags or nothing.

PS: nothing to do with outlook.com this is happening with Outlook in general. I havent tried with a client other than outlook yet(cant find anyone using something else)

I just checked with a freind that owns a BB bold and it is the same thing what he receives from my Z10 is weird.

Update: we did some testing last night and if a Farwarding email using a Hotmail,Gmail account all is good. If i use my normal Internet provider account not good could this be related to POP accounts ?

Please use plain text.