Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
slickvguy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

E-mail reply HTML bug?

<=v style="width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate =o', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-=lor: rgb(255, 255, 255);">But back to outlook for the z10
=p style="font-size: init=l; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125)=ext-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.<=> =table width="100%" style="background-color:whi=;border- 

The above is what the Z10 sends when I receive an e-mail from outook.com and reply to it. The received e-mail looks fine, but when I reply to it from the Z10, it becomes a mess. If I originate (compose) from the Z10 and send to outlook, it's fine. It's only when I reply. I have tested this with other e-mail accounts, and the replies seem fine.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: E-mail reply HTML bug?

Hey slickvguy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

If other email accounts are working fine, I would suggest removing the Outlook.com email address and re-add it and then test with new email messages.  Do you have a second Outlook.com or Hotmail.com email address that you can test as well?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ndottech
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks a lot for sharing..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slickvguy
My Carrier: Koodo

Well, I setup a bogus outlook.com account and sent an e-mail to my other outlook.com account. The Z10 grabbed it and then I replied. The e-mail appeared as it should. So it's probably just a glitch with the Z10 and/or outlook.com under certain abnormal conditions. i.e. It must have been a fluke. I did see another thread where someone wrote about the same problem (showing the formatting tags rather than interpreting them) having something to twitter. If I see it again, I will reply to this thread. Otherwise, consider it "case closed". Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
amansour
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

I am having the same problem which I did not have before the update of BlackBerry software, the email was working fine before the update. Also it is replacing some letters with "="
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
apnicolle
My Carrier: EE

Exactly the same issue with me, but only with an icloud.com / me.com email address. Also only since yesterday, which was 2 days after upgrading the OS to 10.0.10.90

On the Z10, if I send an email from me.com to my exchange email the first line of the email body is missing, there are sometimes random = in the body and often html tags (from the email header?).

If I send from the echange account on the Z10 to the me.com then the email is fine.

If I receive an email from the me.com address on my Z10 then all is good, until I try and reply and then the reply message contains all the random html code when it arrives at the recipient.

Very, very strange. Anyone any ideas

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
amansour

Ok, anyone found a solution for this issue guys? Because it started being very irritating, I use z10 as business mobile and whenever I send an email to someone those stupid characters go with the email, we need a solution please.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
apnicolle

I gave up and have stopped using my icloud email, replacing it with another active sync exchange account which works fine.
Not a solution though...
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
amansour

But I am using my business email setup by my IT Department, it was working fine before the update!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
apnicolle

Would it be possible to roll back to the previous os version on your z10 as an interim measure until someone fixes the bug properly?

Personally, I'm travelling at the moment so not an option for me as i think it requires a windows computer
Please use plain text.