Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: 4508888356

Ebay apps for Z10 ?????

I find no application ebay ???? 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Ebay apps for Z10 ?????

There is an Android version you can sideload. You can get Android apps from Goodreader:

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery Z10
My Carrier: driver

Yeah, but how can I install them? Because, when you click on install its downloading link which can't be used. Is there any app for android apps? Like BlackBerry store maybe?
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

http://crackberry.com/how-put-android-apps-your-blackberry-10-device

This is for the PC user. There is also one for the Mac

Hooray for Google!!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Why not just use the mobile site? It works great and I don't see how an app would offer more, do they generally offer more functionality than the website does?

I will ping eBay and ask when they are going to join us.. using the hashtag #GetWithBB10 if you want to retweet to get some attention. Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Because s/he wnats an eBay app. The ported Android app works perfectly on the Z10. Download it from the Goodreader site and use the PC app called DDPB to install it. Again, the sideloading sounds hard but it's really not. It's easy and once you've done it a time or two you won't even think about it.

Goodreader also has an app for sideloading, similar to DDPB. It's the first in the list. There is also a video and instructions there on how to do it. Once you learn the process it opens up a wide variety of apps you can run on Playbook and Z10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

John_Clark wrote:
Because s/he wnats an eBay app. The ported Android app works perfectly on the Z10. Download it from the Goodreader site and use the PC app called DDPB to install it. Again, the sideloading sounds hard but it's really not. It's easy and once you've done it a time or two you won't even think about it.

Goodreader also has an app for sideloading, similar to DDPB. It's the first in the list. There is also a video and instructions there on how to do it. Once you learn the process it opens up a wide variety of apps you can run on Playbook and Z10.

Lol, I can see that s/he WANTS an Ebay app.. but I am asking WHY??

There is absolutely no need for one, build your own in 10 seconds or less.

1. Visit mobileweb.ebay.com (or .ca or .where-ever)
  2. Add a bookmark to your homescreen

Et voila done.. an 'app' that gives you all of the functionality of Ebay!

If that isn't good enough, then simply send Ebay a message asking for an app (the more the merrier!) Send them a Tweet, Facebook post, or an e-mail.. heck do all of the above.

This is a COMMUNITY forum where we try to help each other out as a community. I've done my part by helping you to create a 'Ebay app' all by yourself. If you want a real Ebay app that does the same thing.. better let Ebay know, en masse! Smiley Happy

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Guru II

Sure, it's a community. But asking "why would you want one" isn't a legitimate question. The mobile site doesn't do as much as the ported android app, as far as sending and receiving messages, listing items, etc.

Posting that you can add a shortcut to the homescreen is definitely a legitimate option, but saying it's the same just isn't so. I use the eBay android app all the time on my Playbook and now the Z10.

When I first sideloaded an app it took me 20 minutes since I had to read how to do it and download the app and get familiar with it. After a couple of times doing it, now it takes me less than 3 minutes to sideload an app to the Z10 or Playbook.
Forums Advisor III

John_Clark wrote:
Sure, it's a community. But asking "why would you want one" isn't a legitimate question. The mobile site doesn't do as much as the ported android app, as far as sending and receiving messages, listing items, etc.

Posting that you can add a shortcut to the homescreen is definitely a legitimate option, but saying it's the same just isn't so. I use the eBay android app all the time on my Playbook and now the Z10.

When I first sideloaded an app it took me 20 minutes since I had to read how to do it and download the app and get familiar with it. After a couple of times doing it, now it takes me less than 3 minutes to sideload an app to the Z10 or Playbook.

Which if you bothered to read my post is why I asked what an app offered over the website. Apparently you scanned over that paragraph.

Personally I believe that you will find ALL of the functionality of the app within the mobile website, let's face it eBay is a website after all. If the functionality is there - it's on the website.. that's their business.

Only thing that I can't seem to find is the "ask the seller a question" button, but I'm sure that if I ask about that they will fix that faster than make an app. Smiley Wink

It's great that you enjoy sideloading apps onto your device, but there are a tonne of people out there that can't be bothered to do that when hitting the mobile, or touch, website will offer all, nearly all or more functionality than a sideloaded app will. Enjoy your sideloading, and I'll enjoy using my super fast and super quick to setup mobile websites. Everyone can also have their choice. Smiley Very Happy

Guru II

You said "there is absolutely no need for one." If that were the case then eBay wouldn't have created one for Android and iOS.

I'm looking at both side by side as we speak. The app definitely offers more. Pure and simple.

Create a mobile site shortcut or sideload the app while you ask eBay to create a BB10 app (which, if they were to do it, will most likely just end up being the ported android app anyway, as most of the newest apps in BBWorld are.) Sideloading just means you get it sooner and, again, opens up a vast number of popular apps for use on the Z10.