Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
SCANA123
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Email Display Question on Z10

On my previous Blackberry devices I could change the font and size in my emails. Can anyone put me in the right direction as to how to change this on the Z10.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Email Display Question on Z10

I don't believe that this can be changed yet, other than by pinch to zoom.. and then there is no reflow.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
SCANA123

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to change the font display to make personal and company emails look different. Maybe this will be something will change in the future.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The inability to change the base font size for emails is a pain and was reported as a HUGE issue on the very first day of the Jan 30th launch. The email display should also enable a word wrap to keep from having to scroll horizontally endlessly. Makes me nauseous at times.

But yes, there's not a place to fix that, and hopefully BlackBerry has listened on that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

I poked around in the Hub and email settings and while there ARE quite a few tweaks in there I could not find one for font size.  Sorry!   I like the pinch to zoom suggestion above!  :smileyhappy:

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

pkcable wrote:

I like the pinch to zoom suggestion above!  :smileyhappy:

That works. But it just causes more horizontal scrolling. :smileysad:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
SCANA123

Thanks for the banter guys, i have poked around in the settings in the email settings and was not able to change the font display, i know you can change the size from 8 to 10 or even bigger. This isnt a big deal but since we are testing these devices wanted to try and answer any questions that may come about from any of our users.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

SCANA123 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to change the font display to make personal and company emails look different. Maybe this will be something will change in the future.

Are you looking to change the actual font used when you compose an email, or how they look when they come in to different accounts in the hub?

When you are composing an email you can actually format the text (there is an icon under the keyboard, two finger swipe the keyboard or touch and hold the spacebar to get rid of the keyboard .) You can change colour, bold, italics, underline and make the font 'larger' or 'smaller' (looks like the sizes toggle through <p>, <h1>, <h2>, etc with <p> being the 'normal' setting) and format bulleted lists as well.

I don't know of anywhere that you can set these as defaults for the entire device, or for each account individually for that matter, but I have to guess (hope) that we will see this in a future update... It should be pretty feasible for BlackBerry to make this happen in the future, and it would be a great feature.

As for differentiating between accounts in the hub with different font sizes / colours that is also not available at this time, but I belive has been requested in many threads here on this forum.

Hope that helps to clear up what you were looking for...

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: