Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Email Problems

I live in central Florida and have Brighthouse networks for my ISP so my email addresses (4) end in @cfl.rr.com and I got the z10 the day it came out on AT&T and from that day my email addresses get kicked out of the Z10. it asks to update the password and when I do it gets any emails and a bit later says the account it not validated i put the password back in and then get my emails and after a while it kicks them out again I have now spent hrs and hrs talking to blackberry with absolutely no help is there any one out there that can help I run a business that relies on email and this thing is driving me nuts I wish I had stayed with my Torch

thanks

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Email Problems

Hey 11smo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Instead of updating the password, try removing the email account and re-adding it.  Also I would suggest checking with your mail provider to see if their email servers have been changed.  If they are, go into Settings>Accounts and click on the email account and put in the new SMTP and incoming mail server.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hello 11smo

I'm not sure that I can help you but I had a similar  problem yesterday.  I was receiving/sending emails in the morning but something was amiss come the afternoon.  On my Z10 it kept telling me my POP settings or password weren't correct.  The emails worked for a while and finally quit in the afternoon.  I called my ISP techs and they kept resetting my Z10 settings until it was realized that I couldn't even access email account through PC.  I was then transferred to the high Speed internet dept and they told me that they had to do some "maintenance" and that many customers had to reset the password to the email account (web mail) itself at ISP level.  That is probably why the Z10 and PC kept saying settings weren't right.  Once ISP webmail account password was reset then PC (outlook) and Z10  had a couple of messages right away but when password was re entered at Z10 and Outlook, everything was good. No more messages saying my settings weren't correct.  Just an idea, good luck.

Contributor

hi thanks 

i have tried your suggestion just now so i will wait and see:Sleep1:

Contributor

Hi it did not work.:No:..........so still looking for the answer :Eek:

Contributor

[ Edited ]

There does seem to be a legitimate problem here. If I use the same settings in my old phone and the new Z10 I am able to send and receive emails 100% from the bold, but the Z10 cannot send mails and continually kicks me out. I have deleted the account, had numerous discussions with the provider and even tried a using a vodacom sim, all to no avail, the fact is my bold is perfect with exactly the same settings, the z10 not. I am not useing an enterprise server, just pop 3 (personal info removed)

Contributor

Hi Rippa

thats the same message i get constantly hope we can get a solution soon